Dr. Alan Lim Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Alan Lim?

Breast surgery by the Worst Doctor I have ever encountered

Posted on August 16th, 2016

I also had reservations about this surgeon and despite my gut instinct; I went through with the surgery. His bedside manner is horrific and he appears to cross the line as hostile. Drains were never done during surgery and complications continued. If you want a second opinion from another Sutter doc; don't bother! I had one suggest my body would "absorb" hard and painful seromas. Wrong! I do believe I would have found better surgical care in a third world country. Shame on my primary care for referring me to this office when I had a PPO and could have been cared for by a skilled and caring surgeon.

Double Mastectomy - Would Not Recommend

Posted on July 15th, 2016

I would not recomment this doctor to my worst enemy. Dr. Lim was my plastic surgeon after a double mastectomy. I had reservations about Dr. Lim before the surgery which I rationalized away. In the pre-op appointments. he came across as aloof and unsympathetic. After surgery, Dr. Lim prescribed about 3-4 days worth of Norco. When I called the office for a refill, I was told to "get some Motrin". I am a professional woman with no history of drug abuse and it felt like he was suspicious of my motives. This is a very painful surgery! My family doctor ended up helping me out with another week of pain pills. The reconstruction did not turn out well and I ended up going to another plastic surgery group to try to fix what Dr. Lim did. The reconstructed breasts were about one cup size apart. One was up high on my chest and round while the other one hung lower, was "jiggly" and had the start of what Dr. Lim said was a nipple. That is not what we had discussed at any of the pre-op visits. When I asked him why he constructed the breasts so differently, he said that he was trying to give me a more natural shape on the right. Again, not what we had discussed. Dr. Lim violated my trust and was not empathetic to my concerns. Thank God for Dr. Debra Johnson over at Sacramento Plastic Surgery. She was able to revise the reconstruction so that my breasts look like fraternal twins instead of distant cousins. Sutter has a lot of good doctors but Dr. Lim isn't one of them (at least for me).

Don't waste your time and money

Posted on April 25th, 2016

I had breast reconstruction after breast cancer. He did a terrible job. I had to see another surgeon yo try to fix what he did. It was awful!,

Bilateral Mastectomy

Posted on March 26th, 2015

His office is very quiet and calm. His office staff are efficient and focused. It is not a very charismatic atmosphere, but you can see the efficiency and focus on quality. Dr. Lim is quite witty and kind. If you ask the questions he willingly answers everything. If you are unsure, he reassures you. He also does a good job of telling you exactly how it is. I am working on reconstruction with Dr. Lim and I look forward to each appointment. I met with other plastic surgeons prior to Dr. Lim and decided his calm demeanor and years of experience would be my best choice. He also has a binder of his before and afters! His staff love him.

Posted on November 1st, 2014

Dr. Lim is extremely caring and responsive. He has always listened to my questions and concerns. Then explains, step by step, what he will be doing and what results I can expect. I have complete confidence in his ability to reconstruct my breasts after bilateral mastectomy. I would highly recommend him for breast reconstruction or any other plastic surgery.

Breast reduction

Posted on February 1st, 2014

Dr. Lim worked on me a year ago, I have to say he did an excellent job. A year after my surgery and I can barely see my scars. Sensation is perfect, breasts are symmetrical and very natural looking. His staff were awesome too!

Best plactic surgeon

Posted on May 24th, 2013

Dr. Lim has the best plastic surgeon practice. His office waiting area is clamn not like the last plactic surgeon I went to after my breast cancer reconstruction. He is an amazing doctor and his staff is very healthful and friendly. I would not change doctors in a million years! I look forward to seeing him and listening to his suggestions. Wait time in his office is woworth it!

Kind, caring, excellent results!

Posted on September 27th, 2012

Dr. Lim did my breast reduction in 2007. I feel more than 100% better, no more back/shoulder aches...my clothes fit better! Recommend him for his manner, professionalism, and the highest integrity. Now I am going in for a tummy tuck...wouldn't go to anyone else!

Posted on August 28th, 2012

Very professional, competent and skilled surgeon.

Posted on June 1st, 2012

This was the third time Dr. lim has operated on me over the last 15 years. He is a great surgeon and very ethical! I would highly recommend him for both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.

Extremely ethical surgeon

Posted on July 13th, 2011

Dr. Lim has operated on me multiple times for both cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. He is kind and caring and will tell you what is a reasonable outcome for your surgery. He does not make false promises and I would highly recommend him to ant one. He truly cares about his patients.

An honest man and an excellent surgeon

Posted on July 11th, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Lim to anyone needing reconstructive or cosmetic surgery. His number one priority is the safety and well-being of his patients, not how much they're going to pay him. I've had two surgeries with Dr. Lim and I couldn't be more happy. He did an excellent job and I have NO scars whatsoever. Dr. Lim is honest, if he doesn't believe the results will be perfect or very near perfect he is usually hesitant to do the surgery. I needed reconstructive surgery after winning my battle with breast cancer and Dr. Lim was very compassioniate. He understood I had been through a lot and while the emotional scars of breast cancer will always remain with me, thanks to Dr. Lim I have no physical scars. When I decided to have cosmetic work done he took the time to explain to me what my best options were and what results I could expect. When he thought a procedure wouldn't give me the results I was looking for he said so. I consulted another plastic surgeon who agreed to do the procedure but when I ask that doctor what my results would be, he said the same thing Dr. Lim said. I really appreciated Dr. Lim's honesty, he knew what was possible and what wasn't possible. I felt like the other surgeon was after my money, but Dr. Lim had more integrity than that. I decided to skip the procedures Dr. Lim was reluctant to do and only do what he knew would make me 100% satisfied, I really appreciated Dr. Lim's honesty. He won't do procedures he knows you won't be happy with. Other Doctors will do the procedures, but they can't promise you the results you want. Dr. Lim is the best surgeon in my opinion. If you don't want to look like a freak show after your procedure, talk to Dr. Lim.