Dr. Alan Lim Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan Lim?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Alan Lim?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2016

Breast surgery by the Worst Doctor I have ever encountered

I also had reservations about this surgeon and despite my gut instinct; I went through with the surgery. His bedside manner is horrific and he appears to cross the line as hostile. Drains were never done during surgery and complications continued. If you want a second opinion from another Sutter doc; don't bother! I had one suggest my body would "absorb" hard and painful seromas. Wrong! I do believe I would have found better surgical care in a third world country. Shame on my primary care for referring me to this office when I had a PPO and could have been cared for by a skilled and caring surgeon.

July 15th, 2016

Double Mastectomy - Would Not Recommend

I would not recomment this doctor to my worst enemy. Dr. Lim was my plastic surgeon after a double mastectomy. I had reservations about Dr. Lim before the surgery which I rationalized away. In the pre-op appointments. he came across as aloof and unsympathetic. After surgery, Dr. Lim prescribed about 3-4 days worth of Norco. When I called the office for a refill, I was told to "get some Motrin". I am a professional woman with no history of drug abuse and it felt like he was suspicious of my motives. This is a very painful surgery! My family doctor ended up helping me out with another week of pain pills. The reconstruction did not turn out well and I ended up going to another plastic surgery group to try to fix what Dr. Lim did. The reconstructed breasts were about one cup size apart. One was up high on my chest and round while the other one hung lower, was "jiggly" and had the start of what Dr. Lim said was a nipple. That is not what we had discussed at any of the pre-op visits. When I asked him why he constructed the breasts so differently, he said that he was trying to give me a more natural shape on the right. Again, not what we had discussed. Dr. Lim violated my trust and was not empathetic to my concerns. Thank God for Dr. Debra Johnson over at Sacramento Plastic Surgery. She was able to revise the reconstruction so that my breasts look like fraternal twins instead of distant cousins. Sutter has a lot of good doctors but Dr. Lim isn't one of them (at least for me).

April 25th, 2016

Don't waste your time and money

I had breast reconstruction after breast cancer. He did a terrible job. I had to see another surgeon yo try to fix what he did. It was awful!,

June 26th, 2015

I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy

WORST bedside manner I've ever had!!!

March 26th, 2015

Bilateral Mastectomy

His office is very quiet and calm. His office staff are efficient and focused. It is not a very charismatic atmosphere, but you can see the efficiency and focus on quality. Dr. Lim is quite witty and kind. If you ask the questions he willingly answers everything. If you are unsure, he reassures you. He also does a good job of telling you exactly how it is. I am working on reconstruction with Dr. Lim and I look forward to each appointment. I met with other plastic surgeons prior to Dr. Lim and decided his calm demeanor and years of experience would be my best choice. He also has a binder of his before and afters! His staff love him.

November 1st, 2014

Dr. Lim is extremely caring and responsive. He has always listened to my questions and concerns. Then explains, step by step, what he will be doing and what results I can expect. I have complete confidence in his ability to reconstruct my breasts after bilateral mastectomy. I would highly recommend him for breast reconstruction or any other plastic surgery.

February 1st, 2014

Breast reduction

Dr. Lim worked on me a year ago, I have to say he did an excellent job. A year after my surgery and I can barely see my scars. Sensation is perfect, breasts are symmetrical and very natural looking. His staff were awesome too!

May 24th, 2013

Best plactic surgeon

Dr. Lim has the best plastic surgeon practice. His office waiting area is clamn not like the last plactic surgeon I went to after my breast cancer reconstruction. He is an amazing doctor and his staff is very healthful and friendly. I would not change doctors in a million years! I look forward to seeing him and listening to his suggestions. Wait time in his office is woworth it!

September 27th, 2012

Kind, caring, excellent results!

Dr. Lim did my breast reduction in 2007. I feel more than 100% better, no more back/shoulder aches...my clothes fit better! Recommend him for his manner, professionalism, and the highest integrity. Now I am going in for a tummy tuck...wouldn't go to anyone else!

August 28th, 2012

Very professional, competent and skilled surgeon.

June 1st, 2012

This was the third time Dr. lim has operated on me over the last 15 years. He is a great surgeon and very ethical! I would highly recommend him for both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.

July 13th, 2011

Extremely ethical surgeon

Dr. Lim has operated on me multiple times for both cosmetic and reconstructive procedures. He is kind and caring and will tell you what is a reasonable outcome for your surgery. He does not make false promises and I would highly recommend him to ant one. He truly cares about his patients.