Dr. Alan Lipkin MD Patient Reviews

3.3

December 30th, 2014
Horrible. No bedside manner. A doctor 150 years ago could have do e what he did. I can't wait until technology replaces all doctors because of ones like this.

January 4th, 2014
Dr. Lipkin changed my life.
He virtually cured my 15 year-old sinusitis with his recommended endoscopic surgery. I am eternally grateful!

March 19th, 2013
Fantastic Care.
Everyone has his/her own opinion depending on his/her situation. I came to Dr. Lipkin with 75% of my eardrum gone -- a problem that a previous surgeon failed to fix a year prior. I was frustrated after I received a botched surgery, but I knew I had to get it done again. Dr. Lipkin discovered a cholesteatoma in my middle ear which could have been very dangerous had it continued to grow (again, something else my previous surgeon missed). He informed me that there was still a chance the surgery could fail (apparently after ONE failed surgery like this, your chances increase for additional failure). He ensured me he'd do everything possible to prevent failure. It's been seven months since my surgery, and I'm so happy that it was successful. He and his staff were very thorough with pre and post op instructions, follow ups, and suggestions. I personally don't want to spend all day in a doctor's office, so additional reasons I like him include the fact that he is very to-the-point and lays out the options immediately. He's professional and logical, so do not go see him if you're looking for a huggy-feely kind of doctor. He tells it like it is and is great at what he does.

August 30th, 2010
I saw the Dr. Lipkin a couple of times and about $1000 worth of fees the insurance company refused to cover, I am no better than before I saw him. He kept prescribing the most expensive medications the drug companies salespeople were pushing-they were actually in the office when I went. The generic prescriptions my general practitioner gave me were helping me more than anything Dr. Lipkin has prescribed. He wanted to do a procedure which I looked up on the internet and I found out that most ENTs don't recommend it because it has such as low success rate. I decided to save my money and go elsewhere.

June 11th, 2010
Quick to offer surgery
My 20 year old son has been sick on and off for about 6 months. The doctor wanted to remove his tonsils and appeared anxious to get out of the door rather than discuss other issues. We visited another ENT who paid more attention to his blood work (WBC and neutrofils were high) which indicated there was still an active infection going on. He put him on "one of the strongest" antiobiotics he could and on a steroid dose pack). Once this infection is cleared, he will then re-evaluate and consider removing the tonsils. I am concerned that Dr Lipkin might have operated on someone with quite an active infection, prior to clearing it and possibly subjecting him to further complications. prefer a physician who listens more carefully and spends time without appearing hurried.