A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Livingstone:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Livingstone is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Livingstone, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 26 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Esophageal and Gastric Varices
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Gastrointestinal Tract Cancer (Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Local Neoplasm Recurrence
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Livingstone graduated from McGill University Faculty Of Medicine, Montreal. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Livingstone has 9 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital & Med Cen
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Livingstone accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- WellCare - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 8 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 8 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 27 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan S. Livingstone practice?
Dr. Alan Livingstone practices Surgery near Miami, FL.
See Miami Surgeons.