A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Fein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Fein is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Fein, MD is board certified in Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)
- Bacterial Pneumonia
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Diseases
- Multiple Organ Failure
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Fein graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Fein has 10 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Fein accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan M. Fein practice?
Dr. Alan Fein practices Pulmonary Disease near New Hyde Park, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Manhasset, NY and Bethpage, NY.
See New Hyde Park Pulmonologists.