Dr. Alan Freedman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan Freedman?

November 1st, 2016

Disastrous

I've had 2 surgeries with Dr Freeman and both turned out disastrous. First was after breast cancer and I needed my breast to be symmetrical. After surgery my breat are uneven and the nipple is flat and discolored. The second surgery was on my legs. Awful scars and pain after 2 years. I would never recommend Dr.Freeman for any kind of surgery.

October 9th, 2016

Breast Reduction

I was left with many jagged scars.

February 21st, 2016

Long wait times and little extra effort from him and/or his staff

His initial surgery needed correction prematurely and the staff refused to contact and work with either of my insurance companies to get the hospital portion covered. I am not currently available Tuesdays Wednesdays (until June) when he does surgery in his office location. It is not the sort of condition one should have to live with for months on end. In addition, no one there would find out what the hospital portion would cost me if neither insurance would pay after the necessary justifications were submitted and could not give me any contact information of anyone at the hospital. Seems unreasonable to me. Guess if you make enough money you don't have to help much. Must be nice.

January 21st, 2016

MADE NO REAL EFFORT TO RESOLVE MY ISSUE WITH MY MEDICAL INSURANCE. AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS WITH HIS STAFF STILL NO RESOLUTION. AFTER MY APPOINTMENT OFFERED TO PAY THE CO-PAY AND WAS TOLD THE CO-PAY WAS NOT NECESSARY FOR THE VISIT. THREE WEEKS LATER RECEIVED A NASTY GRAM TO PAY THE CO-PAY I OFFERED TO PAY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

September 3rd, 2015

Able to treat unusual case

I was referred to Dr. Freedman by an Urgent Care physician who wanted to hospitalize me for a week of IV antibiotics following a brown recluse bite. I declined the hospital because of professional obligations. Dr. Freedman took me on an emergency basis, so the wait for the first appointment was rather long. Subsequent appointment waits ranged from a minute to 20 minutes. My first impression was that he was all business, somewhat brusque, but that he knew how to treat a recluse bite, by the time of my visit, badly infected with necrotic tissue. He operated on me then and there with local anesthetic---something four other doctors refused to do; all were unfamiliar with brown recluse bites. I felt they were passing me off for expensive, unnecessary, and ultimaultimate byte lay, ineffective treatment. Dr. Freedman made a decision and acted upon it---no monkeying around! In follow-up visits, I found him to be more personable. " He doesn't play the "defensive medicine" game. I'm happy to report my wound is healing nicely. Some other plusses; private practice, no wondering which of a dozen or so PAs, Nurse Practitioners, MDs was going to see me. Private parking lot; no garage fees, pumping money meters, walking for blocks with a bandaged face. Office staff were courteous and professional, facilities clean, uncluttered, tasteful atmosphere, calming, no TV, Muzac, or blaring radios. I also appreciate the fact that office staff and Dr. Freedman were professionally attired or in scrubs. If anyone had tattoo or bizarre piercings, the patients didn't see them. The one drawback was initial wait time, however, it was well worthwhile. I highly recommend Dr. Freedman.

August 23rd, 2015

Carpel Tunnel

I had a bad experience with the staff at dr. Etra office, and almost had carpal tunnel surgery with dr. Etra which would have taken at least 8 weeks to heal & a huge scar for each wrist... I'm so glad that I found dr. Freedman who proformed othoscopic surgery on my wrists. It's now 5 years later; my carpel tunel has been all gone. Right after the surgery, my wrist felt better. He did one wrist at a time, no scars, took 2 weeks to fully recover. One week for each hand. he's professional and so is his staff. Thank you Dr. Freedman, I've been able to sleep soundly with no more pain for so many years. I highly recommend him.

May 26th, 2015

We saw Dr Freedman for my sons broken nose. He did an amazing job. Staff is courteous and friendly.

February 19th, 2015

I went to Dr Alan Freedman to have a freckle removed from my cheek.I was getting married and thought my wedding pictures would look so much prettier without that brown spot on my face.Dr.Freedman performed an unnecessary extensive and invasive procedure. to remove my freckle. The freckle was removed by performing an inch long incision and sutures resulting in a long permanent scar as well as an area of puffiness. He sent a biopsy of the freckle AFTER he did the incision and suturing.It was a "nevus" which is just a benign freckle The procedure he performed would have been appropriate for an agressive skin cancer but never a benign freckle.The scar necessitated me to get a professional make up artist to apply my makeup to hide the scar for my wedding . This procedure to remove a freckle has left me scarred and has caused much embarassment. I have since been to many dermatologist's and cosmetic plastic surgeons to have the damage Dr. Freedman caused corrected.This has been without success. This unfortunate experience occured 20 yrs ago and 20 yrs. later I'm still upset and embarassed by what Dr. Freedman has done to my face. I hope Dr. Freedman reads this comment. He will recognize my name since my husband is also a physician. I also hope he remembers the comment he made to my husband during my post op visit revealing the huge scar on my face "She'll need a lot of hand holding " This comment haunts me to this day and I realize this review is long over due

February 2nd, 2015

very professional and compassionate.

February 18th, 2014

Bad dose

I was recommended to this doctor by my friend who has had wonderful results after using dysport. I have had Botox for the past 3 years so on no terms a newbie to this game, however I normally only need a small amount to take care of my lines on my forehead (approximately 15 unite on the frontal region and 10 for the "elevens ". I wanted to try something for the crows feet I was starting to see around my eyes and was due to get more Botox anyway so I figured I would try something new being that the price was pretty reasonably ($450) for all the areas I wanted to address. I explained to Dr. Freidman during our consultation that I have had great results with a small amount of Botox in the past but was looking to try dysport because so my friend looked great and said it lasted longer. He was impressed that such a small amount gave me my desired results and even commented on how wonderful my skin looked . I felt like I could trust his judgement being that we already discussed how I didn't want to look frozen and the fact I really had great results with a small amount of botox in the past, but after the injections were complete I immediately felt like I have made a horrible decision not sticking with my original plastic surgeon for Botox. Immediately after the injections the little artery under my right eye began to spasm. This has never happened to me before but I also had never had anything injected around the eyes so I was sure that this was the result of that but was a little concerned because it was my eye !! I asked Dr. Friedman if this was ok and he said that it was just because the dysport was administered and would go away. Well it hasn't !!! It has been a week and my eye is still twitching but the worst part about my experience is the fact that he have me way too much dysport and not do I have no moment at all in my forhead( frozen face I expressed to him I didn't want ) my Brows are lower making my eyes look hooded instead of opening them up. It looks horrible and I look older. I couldn't be more upset because after reading up on the internet I have come to the concluding the reason for the dropping eyebrows are because too much was administered. Now there is nothing I can do but wait until it wears off which will be in months . Beyond upsetting. I made an appointment to go back in a few weeks for him to look at me but I don't trust him to touch my face again

December 11th, 2013

Excellent doctor

Courteous, thorough, warm, caring, intelligent and skillful, He has performed two operations for removal of skin cancer with excellent results. He cares about what he does.

November 18th, 2013

Horrible Experience

After waiting over an hour for an appointment for my 9 month old we were finally led back by the PA where we were made to wait another 20 minutes. When Dr. Freedman walked in he asked how it was going and I said not well, I just had to wait almost 90 minutes for my daughter to be seen. His answer was, you can leave. I said excuse me to which his reply was I am very good and I take your insurance you don't have to stay. We left. While we were there his entire calendar with the procedures people were having was open on a large screen monitor for us to peruse and there was a laptop open with it as well.