A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Margherio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Margherio is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Margherio
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Margherio Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Margherio, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Margherio graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Margherio has 20 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Health Partners - Hackley Campus
- Spectrum Health Kelsey Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan R Margherio MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 22 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Alan R. Margherio practice?
- Dr. Alan Margherio has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Margherio practices Ophthalmology near Grand Rapids, MI.
See Grand Rapids Ophthalmologists.