A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Margherio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Margherio is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Margherio, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Wounds and Injuries
Education & Awards
Dr. Margherio graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Margherio has 20 hospital affiliations:
- St Mary's Mercy Medical Center
- Mercy Health Partners, Lakeshore Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Margherio accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 6 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan R. Margherio practice?
Dr. Alan Margherio practices Ophthalmology near Grand Rapids, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Muskegon, MI and Holland, MI.
See Grand Rapids Ophthalmologists.