A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Margherio is Satisfactory. Dr. Margherio has been reviewed by 3 patients who have provided 3 comments. The rating is 2 out of 4 stars.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Margherio, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
He has special expertise in 4 Areas, including Retina Surgery, Retinal Disorders, and Vitreous retinal surgery - macular degeneration retinal detachments diabetic retinopathy trauma.1 more special expertise area
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Margherio graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.More Education & Awards
Dr. Margherio has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Health Partners- General Campus
- Spectrum Health Kelsey Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Margherio accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 8 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 1 plan
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Learn more about Dr. Alan Margherio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan R. Margherio practice?
Dr. Alan Margherio practices Ophthalmology and Orthopaedic Surgery near Muskegon, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Grand Rapids, MI and Grosse Pointe, MI.
See Muskegon Ophthalmologists and Muskegon Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Similar Physician Names
- Dr. Allan Margherio, Dr. Allen Margherio