Overall Review

3.9

December 29th, 2015
One of the worst I've seen
I chose Dr. Matsumoto because, like most fibro patients, I am at the end of the line as far as conventional treatment options and his bio said he was interested in experimental therapies. I spent hours compiling my complicated patient history into an easy to read document to make my health changes and medication trials as easy to understand as possible. He did not even look at it. He started the appointment by implying I didn't even need a doctor ("You've already been dealing with this a long time; why are you seeing a rheumatologist now?"), laughed in my face when I told him something he didn't know about and he didn't believe me (now I always bring the actual journal articles with me), and told me there were no experimental treatments for fibro. When I pointed out to him the experimental therapies I was considering and would like to try and why, he refused to prescribe even a trial, despite these being safe, conventional, generic drugs repurposed off-label for use in fibro, not some kind of totally whacko unsupported new-age therapy or something. He badgered me to accept a medication I already knew I couldn't tolerate and was unwilling to take, continued to insist it was my only option and that there wasn't much to be done for fibro, and continued to belittle me throughout the appointment. When I broke down sobbing in his office, he failed to even offer me a tissue. The man is cold, closed-minded, and clearly finds fibromyalgia a boring disease unworthy of his actual attention. Maybe he's better informed on something that captures his interest more, but with a bedside manner like this, I would not recommend him to anyone.

March 14th, 2014
So thankful to have a diagnosis and being treated - Dr Matsumoto is wonderful and I'm happy to be under his care.

October 13th, 2013
On the whole, it was a very pleasant office visit. Thank you doctor and staff!

October 8th, 2013
I had heard excellent reports of Dr. Matsumoto and was not disappointed. Love the fact that you can have X-rays done in the office and get immediately feedback. I have recommended this office to others.

October 1st, 2013
Dr. Matsumoto is wonderful! He listens well, asks the right questions, and treats me respectfully. The office is well run, and I appreciate the capability to have email reminders.

July 19th, 2013
Great doctor
I have recommended Dr Matsumoto to friends. I would go back to see him again if I needed his help. He was a good listener and I definitely did not feel rushed.

July 7th, 2011
Superb Physician and person

August 13th, 2010
Didn't fee he cares about his patient.