Dr. Alan Melotek Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan Melotek?

Posted on April 22nd, 2016

He is a great Doctor. You have to get used to his style, but he has a vast background and is a fabulous diagnostician. He truly cares about his patients and follows up on what is happening health wise. He has an incredible memory regarding each patient's medical history. I would readily recommend him to anyone, although his practice is mainly seniors.

Fantastic Diagnostician

Posted on September 28th, 2014

I saw Dr. Melotek several years ago, before a change in my insurance made my switch primary care doctors. While under his care, he identified a multinodular goiter, through a careful physical exam followed by an ultrasound. He had various tests performed, and told me that I didn't need a biopsy at that time, but should have the goiters examined via ultrasound as part of an ongoing follow-up routine. This year, as a result of a routine ultrasound, I learned that I had thyroid cancer. I had no symptoms at all, and never would have known about this if not for Dr. Melotek's careful physical exam. The surgery was performed in time, and I have an excellent prognosis, but if it were left longer I'd have been in real trouble, because the cancer was wrapped around my trachea (which it hadn't invaded). Had it invaded my trachea, I would have needed a tracheostomy and been unable to breathe or speak on my own for the rest of my life. It's worth mentioning that a different internist saw my ultrasound more than a year ago -- when it was quite similar to the most recent one -- and didn't even bother to get back to me with the results. I wonder whether he even read it. His practice was more like a factory. My current primary care doctor is excellent, and spotted the problem right away when he saw the ultrasound report. But it was Dr. Melotek who first identified the goiter/thyroid nodules, because he took the time (and had the skill) to conduct a genuine, hands-on physical exam. He isn't the chatty type, but he is a brilliant diagnostician who truly cares about the welfare of his patients.

aweful

Posted on September 22nd, 2014

He is an aweful person period end.

Awful Doctor, Awful Human Being

Posted on April 28th, 2012

Why he is allowed to practice is beyond me. He has caused suffering to me and my family beyond words.

Outstanding physician

Posted on December 25th, 2011

No, he won't waste time talking to you about your golf game or good restaurants. But if you go to the doctor for good healthcare, then he is your guy. My wife and I have seen Dr. Melotek for 15+ years and we, as well as our friends who go to him, know that he is one of the best physicians and we are lucky to have him.

SEEMS TO LACK INTEREST IN HIS PATIENTS BUT VERY GOOD DIAGNOSTICIAN

Posted on October 16th, 2011

NOT EASY TO COMMUNICATE WITH THIS DOCTOR. HE SEEMS TO BE INDIFFERENT ABOUT HIS PATIENTS, WHICH IS A CONCERN. BUT HIS MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE AND DIAGNOSIS ARE VERY VALUABLE.

Posted on September 14th, 2011

You are a very good and nice and funny doctor...i like your jokes

Wonderful, Wonderful!

Posted on April 4th, 2011

Dr. Alan Melotek is the best! He is a genius doctor. He is my favorite doctor, very nice, and he has saved my life.

Fantastic

Posted on October 24th, 2010

Has been my physician for 7 years since I moved down to South Florida. I have referred all of my friends to him as well. We are all equally pleased.

A Genius

Posted on August 12th, 2010

Went to 5 doctors no one could figure out what was wrong except for him. I credit him with saving my life.

Doesn't care about his patients.

Posted on June 22nd, 2010

Doesn't care about his patients. Made me wait over an hour for a 2 minute exam.

Excellent physician

Posted on May 29th, 2010

Dr. Melotek has been my physician for many years and he is the most caring people I know. He literally ran to the hospital when I was sick and I credit him for saving my life not once but twice.