A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Mendelowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Mendelowitz is Below Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mendelowitz
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mendelowitz Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Mendelowitz, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Mendelowitz graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Mendelowitz has 9 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
- North Shore University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan Mendelowitz MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Alan Mendelowitz practice?
- Dr. Alan Mendelowitz has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Mendelowitz practices Psychiatry near Glen Oaks, NY.
See Glen Oaks Psychiatrists.