A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Mermelstein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Mermelstein is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mermelstein
Colonoscopy Patient Education Guide Read all about colonoscopy examinations and tests with Vitals colonoscopy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Mermelstein Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Mermelstein, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Mermelstein graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Mermelstein has 12 hospital affiliations:
- Albert Einstein Medical Center
- Nazareth Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan M Mermelstein MD is a male Internist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Alan M. Mermelstein practice?
- Dr. Alan Mermelstein has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Mermelstein practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Philadelphia, PA.
See Philadelphia Internists and Philadelphia Gastroenterologists.