Dr. Alan Kaplan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

August 9th, 2011
Finally a good one!
Dr Kaplan is the most compassionate MD i know. As an RN myself, one rarely finds such a doctor so unaffected by his 'status,' and a true genuine man. He & his staff were so welcoming to me and made my visit really comfortable. He is confident in his clinical skills & expertise, and has a fantastic sense of humor that puts one at ease. I recommend Dr. Kaplan to all women who have never felt listened to, or genuinely cared for by a physician. Medicine is truly his passion and it shows in his calming bedside manner.

March 15th, 2011
I have been seeing Dr Kaplan for over 10 years now. He delivered both of my boys, and discovered cervical cancer cells early and was able to treat and cure it before it ever got any further. Dr Kaplan has referred me to every other doctor I have used from pediatricians to therapists. I trust him completely. Every issue I have had, every concern has been addressed. I think the world of Dr Kaplan and would not change him as my doctor for the world. Any other doctor can change for me except Dr. Kap! If you are not yet seeing him I would fully recommend him. It is clear he has your best interest at heart!

January 12th, 2011
Robotic Surgery
Dr. Kaplan worked with me to diagnose by problem, we tried the conservative route first...after no success he talked me through the option of having a robotic hysterectomy. All that he explained to me about the procedure was true... Dr. Kaplan has a great sense of humor and a wonderful bed side manner. I was released from the hospital the following morning, the incisions were very small and I was feeling much better after the first week. The hard part is remembering to take it easy after having a major surgery and feeling so good!

December 29th, 2010
Robotic surgery
During my first appointment with Dr. Kaplan, he spent over an hour with me, going over items that 2 other gynecologists missed. How many doctors do that nowadays?! That appointment allowed me to make an informed decision to have a hysterectomy. Dr. Kaplan did my hysterectomy robotically. It was my first surgery. I was so impressed with the ease of recovery with minimal pain. I totally recommend the DaVinci robotic surgery.Afterwards, Dr. Kaplan was caring and compassionate with my aftercare. His office staff, including his wife, are also caring and professional with prompt follow-through. I'm so happy I looked further to find Dr. Kaplan. He's great!

November 11th, 2010
Robotic Hysterectomy
Dr. Kaplan was great, wonderful bedside manner. With the robotic surgery had quick recovery was out of the hospital the next morning.

November 10th, 2010
Dr. Alan Kaplan
I have been a patient of Dr. Kaplan's for 13 years. Within this time, I have had the best experience with him out of all my doctors. I can't say enough about him. He is kind, caring, knowledgable. Six months ago I had a hysterectomy with some complications. He was right there by my side. Probably more worried than I. I would get calls either from him or his wife or his staff to check on my condition and how I was feeling. I was in and out of his office once a week to make sure all things were healing. Even on his vacation he was calling his wife and staff to make sure I was getting better and there were no problems. He even sent me to another doctor that he thinks highly of to have a check up to make sure all was well during his vacation.I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone of my friends. His bedside manner is awesome and he is just the greatest including his staff. It's too bad I'm finished with children because he would be the one I would want to deliver them. :)

November 8th, 2010
Dr. Jane
I was referred to Dr. Kaplan by my primary care physician. Dr. Kaplan is very conscientious and has excellent listening skills. I only wish I had know about him sooner. He is extremely professional and has a great supportive staff that is extremely responsive and organized. I highly recommend Dr. Kaplan and his team of professionals.

September 30th, 2010
My Hero!
Dr. Kaplan saw us through one complicated pregnancy and one complicated delivery. He is a wonderful person and a brillant doctor. He does not let anything stand in the way of what he knows is best for his patients. My recommendation of him could not be higher.

September 22nd, 2010
I have been with Dr. Kaplan for 28 years. He has seen me through 2 pregnancies including 1 set of twins. He is very through and will always take every precaution. When one of my daughters needed to be seen by a Gyn I brought her to Dr. Kaplan. Being a teenager she was a little scared about seeing a male doctor. He totally put her at ease (I could hear them laughing in the other room). She ended up needing surgery and I didnt have to worry about her since he was taking care of her I knew that everything would be OK. I highly recommend Dr. Kaplan (and his jokes are pretty good too along with his art work). The staff is wonderful also!

September 21st, 2010
Dr Kaplan is a wonderful Dr.I have been a patient of his for at least 9 yrs,a lot of women are not comfortable with a male OBGYN but Dr Kaplan's personality is so wonderful that he quickly puts your mind at ease,he has a great sense of humor and a wonderful bedside manner.He is very much a patients Dr as he will always put the patients needs ahead of anything.He has taken excellent care of me over the years and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great OB.

September 20th, 2010
Outstanding!
What a find - an excellent physician who is caring and has a great sense of humor. My primary care physician referred me to Dr. Kaplan and I am so very grateful. Dr. Kaplan is an absolute gem of a person. His wife is lovely as well. I was a bit nervous when I went in for my second appointment and she was kind enough to delay leaving the office and wait with me in the waiting room. The staff is very warm, friendly, efficient and professional. 4 Stars isn't enough to rate Dr. Kaplan, his wife and staff - they are all a 10+!

September 13th, 2010
Please, please call and make an appointment with Dr. Kaplan
I had already written a review for Dr. Kaplan on yelp, but one has to join yelp in order to have their reviews seen by searchers. I am in my mid 40s and I am in the healthcare profession. I have never seen a male M.D for any healthcare issues, especially my ob/gyn medical needs. I had been seeing a female ob/gyn on and off for the past 15 years. While she, was a nice person, and I guess you could say competent doctor, I personaly never felt a connection with her, and when it came to her office following up on phone calls about labs and proceedure results...lets just say, not good enough. I have been having female issues for the past two years and have gone to see at least two different female providers for this issue. They ran the necessary test, but not one of them really listened to what I was trying to tell them about my problem. I was just having unneccessary labs done and taking medicine that did not resolve the issue. This left me frustrated and feeling that perhaps I should just suffer in silence forever. I began to research and ask around for a ob/gyn. Like you are probably doing, I looked up various reviews via the internet. I finally choose Dr. Kaplan. Dr. Kaplan is very warm, and caring. He jokes quite a bit, but I think he does this to alleviate stress that most woman may have for seeing a male provider for the first time. Upon my first visit, Dr. Kaplan spent at least 30 minutes with me in his office asking me about my medical history and listening to me try to describe exactly what was going on with me and my body. He actually, took the time to draw picures and explain in simple terms what he thought the medical problem could be. He did a full exam, although I told him that I already had my anual exam (wow, I fell in love with him right there)! He had me do blood work, labs and gave me tons of reading material about my medical condition(mind you I had been seeing that female ob/gyn for the past fifteen years, and she NEVER took that kind of time explaining things to me or even discussing my health with me). I am ashamed of myself because I was so narrow-minded about giving a male ob/gyn a chance. Not only am I ashamed, I am kicking myself because my medical issue should not have consumed my life like this for the past two years if I had just been more open. Once again, if you are looking for a kind, caring, and most importantly an aggressive(in a totally positive way) doctor who will ensure that all of your medical issues are addressed, please call Dr. Kaplan. I am kept abreast of all of my labs, test and follow-up appointments by Dr. Kaplans staff. I believe that his wife runs the front office, and she is very warm, and compassionate. The front office staff and his medical assistants are all very professinal and friendly, so stop your search and call Dr. Kaplan for an appointment. I have recommended him to several co-workers and friends, and if I had family in the area he would most definetley be recommended to them.