Dr. Alan Oster MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

April 11th, 2015
Find someone else to do the surgery not this guy

February 24th, 2015
Choose another
I'll tell u what about this surgeon that he has no matter to talk to patients about what he is doing he screams and acts like you don't understand. I got in motorcycle wreck bad to get him for the operation. I have nothing but trouble on account of the surgery he done.

February 18th, 2014
LOOKING FOR HIM
I was seeing Dr.Oster,and he left,Dutchmans ln. location. He was more then just a doctor,he was a friend. Nice's doctor i ever meet. If he's left louisville,it's a great loss. I need right knee replaced,looking for him.I trust him,as a doctor and as a man.

December 20th, 2013
Hands of God
Dr. Oster saved my wife's leg and her life after a botched treatment and follow up from another hospital after we were involved in a serious motorcycle accident. His diagnosis and treatment was dead on, his bed side manner was better than we have experienced, this man went above and beyond what he could have done. We both thank you Dr. Oster and your staff for all that you did to help my wife thru this time, both physically and emotionally. You truly have the hands of God.

August 1st, 2012
Dr Oster is truly a miracle worker. I had to have my knee replacement revised due to an infection that was misdiagnosed by my previous doctor. I tell you I could not find anyone who was willing to undertake this as it seems most of the docs only want to do the easy stuff. Dr. Oster was realistic with me and was extremely patient with me. You can tell when you see him that he truly enjoys what he does because he is the best. The reason that his wait times are sometimes long is clearly due to the fact that he is the best and there are so many people refered to him by their friends and other doctors in the area.

July 27th, 2012
EEEEEEKKKKKKK
Be careful. He was arrogant and mean and I checked him out. Pretty colorful past, if you know what I mean. I would not reccommend him to a dog. Plus his hygiene was really bad...he stunk.

September 3rd, 2011
Dr. Oster diagnosed my son with compartment syndrome of the thigh five years ago and took immediate action. I credit him for saving my son's leg.

March 4th, 2011
never again
Involved in mva and no choice that this dr performed surgery and followup. Had nothing but trouble complications afterwards. Whenever asked for explaination about problems he would get an attitude/defensive. Not recommend this guy at all.

February 5th, 2011
He diagnosed my son with compartment syndrome of the thigh, a very rare condition. If it weren't for his accurate diagnosis and treatment, my son would have lost his leg.

January 18th, 2011
Great Doctor
I was involved in a hit and run auto vs. motorcycle and I lost. several broken bones, etc. Had to have Knee surgery. in 6 Weeks I was up and about like it never happened. Two years ago. My wife also had to have surgery went to Dr. Oster with the same results. We wouldn't consider ahyone else.Goes't hurt that He's a great guy.

September 14th, 2010
I have been with Dr Oster since 2007 with my knee problems. He was very concerned and explained very professionally how we needed to fix my knee. Wonderful surgeon and took care of my pain with meds when I needed them. Can call the office at anytime and get good response. Dr Oster is a wonder caring person. He spends the time with me that is needed and answers all my concerns without hestitant. Never rushs me in any way. Thank you Dr Oster. I do appreciate all you have done for me.

March 4th, 2010
If you have time find another.
Was assigned in ER after a MVA. Had surgery and went home with no problems. Then I met the office staff. Thought the MD is a good MD, the nightmare you have to go trough in the office is not worth the MD. Rude, vengeful, and arrogant all are words that come to mind. If you have a choice miss this MD.