Family Physicians, Internist

150 E Pennsylvania Ave
Ste 140
Downingtown, PA 19335
610-518-1060
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  show details
Nov 13th, 2010

I was bit worried about seeing this doctor after seeing other two reviews but I was very happy with the treatment I got and his bedside manner. No issues for me.

|  Has no business practicing medicine  |  show details
by MC on Mar 8th, 2010

After puncturing my hand with a screwdriver and exposing a piece of internal tissue (later determined to be a fascia), I was appalled by Dr. Popick's unkempt and unprofessional appearance, demeanor, and complete lack of bedside manner.Following outstanding care by the medical assistant, Dr. Popick entered the room, took a quick look and my hand and yanked out a piece of the fascia, and told me I had a piece of string lodged in my hand. After repeatedly informing him that this definitely came from inside my hand and was not string, he still insisted it was string and left the room.I ended up asking to be treated by the other doctor on duty, and she did a good job of taking care of me.I have significant concerns about Dr. Popick and his ability to treat injured patients due to his insistence that I had string in my hand, which seems even more bizarre a diagnosis the more I think about it. I strongly recommend that he not be put in the care of patients, as he could be a significant liability, given his complete lack of competence in my experience

|  show details
Aug 2nd, 2009

I went in for an emergency with my 3 year old son. He required stitches in his chin. This doctor was not happy that we came in at the end of his shift. He was impatient and rude. He had no patience with my son who was very scared and did not know what was going on. He made an effort to stitch my son and got angry, threw the tools, took out the one stitch he did and said we would have to go to the ER and they would have to sedate my son. I was visible upset with the whole process and he did nothing to ease my sons fears or my own. I would never recommend this facility to anyone with doctors as insensitive as this one. Following this visit I went to the ER and they were amazing. They did my sons stitches with no sedation and they were the most sensitive caring people. They made my son feel comfortable and safe. I am only sorry that I had to put my son through such an experience.