Dr. Alan Rockoff MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 10 reviews

January 2nd, 2014
If you are ever referred to a dermatologist by your primary care, go somewhere else. I made an appointment with Dr. Rockoff and was passed off to his NP. I tried to give her some background information, which she completely disregarded. She misdiagnosed the rash and the prescription I was given exacerbated the problem. Judging by the amount of plastic surgery posters and botox ads in the office, I would say they are more interested in the cosmetic aspect of their business. If you have a need of an actual dermatologist for a health reason, move on from here.

June 1st, 2012
Great care. Great bedside manner.
Dr. Rockoff and his associate Megan Webb have been attentive and patient in treating various conditions. They always make an appointment available. They listen well and take time to answer questions and explain treatments. I highly recommend the Rockoff Center

February 14th, 2012
One of the best!
Happened to see this doctor for different reason. Desided to ask about the problem I had with the skin on one foot for years.Got immediate evaluation and prescription. Followed thru with treatment, 2 weeks later walk without pain and without band aids and almost cured, thaw doctor said it will not be ever cured completely. Yet, what a releaf! He is the best in his field. Also did not waited for more then 5 min. total. Wish, I would of seen him sooner.

February 7th, 2012
Wait time is inexcusable
Save for the appointment itself, it was an abysmal experience. Receptionists are rude and incompetent (misplaced my paperwork, were unknowledgeable about duration of wait, etc.). And the wait. Good lord, had a 10:45am appointment and wasn't seen by the doctor until 11:50am. Completely inexcusable. The opportunity cost of my time is just too high to be wasting so much of it in Dr. Rockoff's office. Though the majority of Dr. Rockoff's patients apparently are geriatric and retired, the office shouldn't treat their younger patients as if their time is as equally invaluable and plentiful.

June 5th, 2011
More interested in the money not the patients
First off the two good ratings are obviously written by him or is office,( IN THE SAME DAY??)...Come on face it he is the most arrogant, insensitive doctor I have EVER been to!!! He misdiagnosed my problems and gave me the wrong medications that PROLONGED my problem..He is arrogant in the way he treats you and your problems, barely gives you time in the appointment and laughed at my questions..UNPROFESSIONAL! He barely gave me ten minutes of his time and when I remembered something else related to his specialty that I wanted addressed he wanted me to make another appointment and I had to force the issue which he reluctantly investigated.After 6 months of appointments and wrong medications, I went to another doctor that within the same time frame completely helped fix the problems and I am fully cured.DO NOT GO TO ROCKOFF! HE IS MORE INTERESTED IN HOW MANY FEE'S (APPOINTMENTS PER DAY) HE COLLECTS THEN HELPING YOU!!!

March 15th, 2011
Recent office visit
At a recent doctors visit, I left waiting to hear back for results from a biopsy. Upon leaving, albeit a bit nervous, I thought about how assured I feel every time I meet with Doctor Rockoff. I know if I have to hear something dreadful, I would prefer to hear it from him ---He is definitely a Doctor with a professional, caring demeanor. Thank you so much Doctor Rockoff

December 15th, 2010
This doctor was a total waste of time. I go in and explain my problem, explain my pains. He proceeds to tell me that it is all in my head, and the pain is because I am thinking up having pain. REALLY? I spend my time trying to imagine pain? Please PLEASE do not go to this guy. My primary care physician is equally incompetent, and it was a colluded unprofessional diagnosis (by both). (Yes, INCORRECT diagnosis).

December 14th, 2010
Front desk staff is so horrible, I cancelled my appointment because they wouldn't even give me the courtesy of speaking to a physician or physician assistant about a medical question I had concerning my visit for that day. They said you can cancel or ask your primary care physician.

September 14th, 2010
Undue stress created by his mistreatment
The 3 times I went he rushed the appointment, told me the wrong information regarding my skin problem, and was visible upset when I tried to ask questions to understand what was wrong with my skin which if he explained it properly in the first place wouldn't have to be asked.OH and the medications he prescribed barely worked and when asked about this he said "The medicine works fine it is a condition you will have the rest of your life this way as it will not be going away"SURPRISE!!! I went to another doc in Newton's Waban area who over just 6 months cured my skin problems...Geee I guess if he had spent the time and was interested in the problems as he should have been he could have cured them also.His arrogance caused undo stress and time spent being in pain for nothing!He is a grouch, impatient,unprofessional and in no way deserved Best of Boston by Boston magazine.STAY AWAY FROM THIS HACK! He will only cost you time and money without a solution...

October 3rd, 2009
Dr Laura
She is the best a really life saver