Dr. Alan Rubin, MD

520 Franklin Ave
Suite 211
Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 294-7611
Locations and availability (3)

• Currently 3.7451923076923 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.7323943661972 of 4 stars
by Rob T. on Aug 25th, 2014

Dr. Rubin is a thorough and compassionate clinician.

by Mat on Aug 19th, 2014

Great doctor!

Aug 12th, 2014

Very concern about payments and little about patients well been

Aug 12th, 2014

Dr.Rubin is by far the most helpful psychiatrist I have seen. I have been to many and been on a plethora of medications and it wasn't until I saw dr.rubin that I was able to live my life like a normal person. He is a kind and brilliant man who knows what he is talking about. I recommend him to anyone who has not had luck with other doctors in the past.

by puglover1 on Aug 8th, 2014

Dr. Rubin is professional, expert and the genuine article....I would recommend him.....

by Molly on Jul 21st, 2014

After many years and many doctors, I am very happy to have found Doctor Rubin. I've been seeing him for over a year, and after about 6 months of perseverance, he has prescribed a very effective yet minimal program, which has allowed me to live a fuller life and accomplish many aspirations. He is prudent, knowledgeable, smart and personable. I trust and rely on his advice and care.

|  BEWARE OF THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
by Frank on Jul 3rd, 2014

I went to Dr. Lawrence with a family member. We waited almost 2 months for an appointment. My family member was going through a tough time and was looking for a new doctor. Dr. Rubin had a great online resume. When we got there he asked for his $145 fee, I went to pay with a credit card, he said he doesn't accept credit cards, I told him I can run to an ATM. He said ok, he began the session, and my family member began to speak, he immediately diagnosed him with "not" having bipolar, which is what he has been told in the past. He then said, we should stop now. We asked why? He said he doesn't think he could help, and besides "you didn't bring me MY $145". My family member left there broken hearted and set them back into a depression. It was the end of the day, Dr. Lawrence was tired. He is unprofessional, he is not compassionate. He is burnt out. He ask people to write reviews so he can get more patients. He should keep his current patients and stop seeing new ones. It's time to retire.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2014

Dr. Lawrence is always courteous and professional while remaining pleasant to visit.

|  Great Psychiatrist/Doctor  |  show details
by L Kogan on May 14th, 2014

Dr. Rubin is great, he is always on time, very easy to schedule/reschedule appointments with, and is very understanding and accommodating. Excellent experience all around, and I would highly recommend. .

|  A very good man  |  show details
by John Esq. of Nofo on May 8th, 2014

I have been seeing the good Doc for almost two years. When the first meds didn't work as well as we hoped he listened to me and readily switched . I am now at the point where I am slowly eliminating all his medications and I feel great . Hopefully , I won't need a psychiatrist again ,but there is no doubt I will go back to him and I have recommended him to others over the past two years !~

|  Trustworthy & Effective Doctor  |  show details
by iportner on May 6th, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Rubin since I moved to New York City a year ago, but I feel like he has been my doctor for years! Dr. Rubin is a knowledgeable, understanding, and trustworthy psychiatrist who is caring and easy to talk to. I felt that he was a good listener who kept an open mind and also took the time to get to know me and my medical history. I look forward to continue working with Dr. Rubin and would recommend him to anyone I know!

by Karen Lucero on Apr 30th, 2014

After 35 years of suffering from depression and anxiety, finding Dr. Rubin was a God-send. Finally, someone found the correct combination of medications for my condition. I have peace now. I could never have achieved that without Dr. Rubin's help and kindness.

|  Trustworthy and Kindhearted doctor!  |  show details
by L. Gomes on Apr 27th, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Rubin's for 6 years. From day one, he was very conscientious, kindhearted, and trustworthy. He has always been very easy to talk to. He is genuinely interested in your wellbeing and what he can do to help you. He has really helped me tremendously and I would highly recommend him to family and friends.

Apr 24th, 2014

Dr. Rubin is very easy to talk to and has helped me make steady progress.

by SW on Apr 21st, 2014

Having seen Dr. Rubin for an extended period of time, I can say with conviction that he is a dedicated and conscientious physician. His expertise with medication in addition to his consistent good will have been of great benefit to me, and I would recommend him without reservation.

|  An excellent psychiatrist!  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2014

I went to Dr. Rubin mainly because for many years I have had a tendency to obsess over minor problems, or imagine problems that would likely never occur. I also have a tendency to carry on imaginary dialogues – arguments, really – with individuals I find difficult to deal with. For many years, I tried to simply discipline myself and stop these obsessive thoughts, and it frustrated me quite a lot that I could not control my mind. I had also reached a point where my anxiety had becoming wearying, and I felt depressed. I made an appointment with Dr. Rubin after researching him online. He has excellent credentials, and other patient reviews were very positive. I have now met with Dr. Rubin three times. He prescribed Zoloft for my anxiety and depression, and we have gradually increased the dosage to 150 mg. Dr. Rubin also prescribed Klonopin to help me sleep, and to deal with stressful events. So far, the results have been very good. Dr. Rubin is quite meticulous in his approach, and has a very kindly and gentle demeanor. I have heard others complain that their psychiatrists barely exchange five words with them. Dr. Rubin is not like that at all. We have had substantive conversations, and he has given me good advice on changing my life. (In other words, he does not just prescribe pills.) After meeting with me for around forty minutes the first time, he drew conclusions about me that I knew, deep down, were quite true – and he made some observations that I thought were genuinely profound. I felt better after just talking to him. I enjoy my conversations with Dr. Rubin and look forward to meeting with him. In sum, I think he is a highly competent and caring psychiatrist. I would recommend him very highly to anyone suffering from problems similar to mine.

|  Dr. who knows his craft  |  show details
by Mike Milici on Apr 17th, 2014

Dr. Rubin has been treating me for approximately 4 months. After my initial interview, he was able to assess my problems to a tee and prescribe medication that has been very effective in my treatment. I have seen other Dr's. before, (who were not specialists like Dr Rubin), and they prescribed medication for me that was either ineffective or had an adverse reaction on my. I am very impressed with Dr. Rubin's ability to apprise my situation so quickly and decide which medication that would be most effective in my treatment.

Apr 9th, 2014

He is an excellent doctor.

by Adele Sue Leibowitz on Mar 25th, 2014

Excellent listener and guidance. Able to guide one in correct direction to solve personal issues. Very comforting.

|  Very happy with care  |  show details
by Mike D on Mar 25th, 2014

I have been very happy with the care I have received from Dr.Rubin. I came to him with continual anxiety and sleep related issues. I was prescribed several medications and have had positive results. Dr.Rubin is courteous and will take time to listen to your problem.

|  Good Physician  |  show details
by James on Mar 18th, 2014

Good Physician

|  Review  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2014

I have been using Dr. Rubin for a number of years for my depression and I have never felt this good.

|  I only wish sessions were longer!  |  show details
by AV on Mar 6th, 2014

To put it bluntly, Dr. Rubin is the man. He knows which drugs work best for which conditions unlike other doctors I have seen who have just thrown a random anti-depressant at me. I told Dr. Rubin I was taking a particular drug and he immediately revealed the drug, while effective for some issues, was not good for my specific problem. He then presented me with three drugs that were good for my problem, told me the pros and cons of each one, and ultimately allowed me to decide which one to take. So far, the drug I am taking is helping and I am not experiencing any side effects. Diagnosis and drug treatment aside, Dr. Rubin is just super easy to talk to; I feel comfortable when I am with him. Even though the follow-up sessions are short (about 25 minutes), I find them therapeutic and helpful. I really only wish the sessions were longer. Overall, I'm happy with my decision to see Dr. Rubin. I would recommend him to anyone seeking an accurate diagnosis, which, in my opinion, is something so incredibly important that unfortunately many doctors get wrong.

|  Caring Professional  |  show details
by Victor S. on Feb 27th, 2014

When you see the doctor for the first time you will get an in-depth analysis of your case. Relevant and key questions are asked by the Doctor in order to get the best psychotropic medication, but it is of vital importance that you follow up in order to evaluate the effectiveness of the drugs and how they affect you

|  Unbelievably unprofessional  |  show details
Feb 21st, 2014

I was started on a treatment regimen by Dr. Lawrence, he scheduled an appointment three weeks from my initial prescription, even though the initial prescription did not provide me with enough pills to last me until said appointment. On the day of the appointment, due to train difficulties, I was 20 minutes late, and was told to go away. I told his secretary that I was on medication that had withdrawl symptoms if they were abruptly cut off, and her response was to tell me I could either come back that day, in the middle of the workday, or just go off my medication. She was totally unsympathetic to the fact that I can't just drop everything and leave work. I have never had such an awful, unprofessional experience with a doctor. Do yourself a favor and avoid this clown.

|  Mr.  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2014

I was very impressed by Dr. Rubin's patients and interest in everything I had to say. He is a good practitioner who listens closely to find the best solution for his patients.

Jan 30th, 2014

He provided an accurate diagnosis and continues to modify my medications as needed.

|  Thank you Dr. Rubin  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2014

Dr. Rubin has changed my life due to his ability to prescribe the appropriate medication and to diagnose my condition. i floated around the psychiatric world for over 30 years lost, confused, and over medicated. Thank God for Dr. Rubin.

|  Attorney  |  show details
by Augustine D. Ardizzone on Jan 27th, 2014

I have been treating with Dr. Rubin for 10 years. He has changed my life by his proper diagnosis of my condition and the proper prescription of medication. He is compassionate and has a great bed-side manner. Even though I am high functioning he was able to diagnose my ADD which has wrought a miraculous change in my life. I owe a lot to Dr. Rubin and I recommend his services with unfettered enthusiasm.

Jan 19th, 2014

Very thorough, caring, good man. A pleasure to go to and very helpful.

Jan 11th, 2014

very good, experienced in his field.

|  Non Caring  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2014

Dr. Rubin draws you in with a false sense of caring about helping you resolve your problems meanwhile his TRUE agenda is to get money from you and or your insurance company. I was under his care for less than a year and during that time I started out seeing him every 2 weeks and as the time lapsed I explained to him that I could not afford to see him as often as I had in the past, in which he said okay. During the time of treat under his care I missed one appointment and reschedule upon which he told me that he could NO longer see me as a patient because I was uncooperative. The true reason in my opinion for him not wanting to continue treating me was that he was no longer getting the money he wanted out of me because up until me changing to seeing him every 2 months everything was fine. I think he is a sick pathetic soul who takes advantage of sick people under the perception of him caring or wanting to treat you. If you are interested in a doctor who is only interested in milking you and your insurance company then Dr. Rubin is surely the doctor for you. I also think that he should be sitting on someones couch or chair as well because he clearly has issues of his own.

by Liz on Jan 2nd, 2014

I have been seeing dr Rubin for 12 years now. He made me feel so good that I thought I didn't need medication anymore. I stopped taking my meds and threw my entire body out of whack. I was off meds for 6 months and could hardly cope. I called dr Rubin again and asked once again for his help. It took awhile but he did not give up on me trying to find the right medication for my depression. The medication that I was previously on somehow wasn't working once I went back on it. I recommend him highly. He is patient and kind. I never waited more than 5-10 minutes in waiting room and his secretary Reeva is super helpful.

|  RN  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2013

I like that I never feel rushed when I have an appointment with Dr. Rubin. He is kind, compassionate, and very knowledgable in his expertise. He always listens to my concerns and offers smart and practical suggestions. I would and have recommended him to my friends.

|  Exellent  |  show details
by Jm on Dec 17th, 2013

Dr Rubin is very easy to talk to. Makes your appointments very comfortable and really helps. I am a new patient of Dr Rubin and I am very happy with his care. I would strongly recommend.

by Vinny on Dec 11th, 2013

I would recomend everyone I know to Dr. Rubin. Very easily man to speak to and makes it easy to make an appointment with him close to your house since he has a couple different locations.

Dec 10th, 2013

Dr. Ruben is a great doctor always on time. he does not rush you. you can always get in touch with him. he has several locations you can see him. he once saw just because I showed up needed to see him.

|  Physician  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2013

Very satisfied! Not easy to come across a satisfying psychiatrist!

|  Results!  |  show details
by EOB on Dec 2nd, 2013

Dr.Rubin quickly adjusted my meds and had me feeling more like myself in a matter of days. Would highly recommend...

Nov 25th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is an excellent doctor. He has really helped me, and I would recommend him to anyone. Also, I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes after arriving at his office, which I really appreciate since I have an extremely busy schedule.

|  EXCELLENT  |  show details
Nov 21st, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for a few years. He is a wonderful doctor- patient, understanding and he has helped me through some very difficult times. I would not hesitate to refer friends or family to him.

|  Dr. Rubin  |  show details
by Holle Goldstein on Nov 17th, 2013

I haave always found Dr. Rubin to be easy to talk to and willing to help me in any way I need him I have used Dr. Rubin for many many years and never thought of going to another Doctor.

|  reassuring and comforting  |  show details
by Veronica on Nov 12th, 2013

Dr. Rubin asked all the right quetions to ascertain my diagnosis. He was courteous and patient. He helped me to understand my condition and the way to treat it.

Nov 1st, 2013

Adjusted medication and am feeling much better.

|  Friendly, Caring, and Dedicated  |  show details
by NCT on Oct 9th, 2013

Dr, Rubin listens extremely well and is dedicated to finding the correct treatment. I really appreciate visiting him and have recommended him to many friends.

|  Knowledgeable and Understanding  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Rubin to anyone. He is very well versed in all medications and has lots of patience. He also eased my worry of taking medication which was a big problem for me.

by VDN on Sep 23rd, 2013

DR. RUBIN TOOK THE TIME TO ASK ALOT OF QUESTION ABOUT MYSELF, HE DIDN'T JUST PRESCRIBE ANY MEDS. HE FOLLOWED UP WITH ME TO SEE HOW THE MEDS ARE WORKING. VERY HAPPY WITH HIM.

|  Patient and Kind  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2013

I am at ease speaking with Dr. Rubin. He listens well and takes good notes. He does not rush and considers your whole health situation before prescribing medication. He is patient and kind. I would recommend Dr. Rubin.

|  Solid Medical advice from a caring Doctor  |  show details
by Andrew R on Sep 18th, 2013

I think the thing I like the most about this doctor is his assistant Reba always calls me the day before my appointment. She is sweet as sugar and handles any administrative issues with great alacrity. Dr. Rubin has time and again shown me his willingness to take the extra time with me to make sure if I have any questions they are addressed at the outset of treatment. He has helped me both professionally and personally and he also makes great restaurant recommendations. I would have no reservations recommending Dr. Rubin to anyone who has a need for his services. He is very knowledgeable in his field and if he doesn't know something he will always get the answer to you in a timely manner. TWO THUMBS UP!!!

|  An Excellent Doctor who listens  |  show details
by John on Sep 16th, 2013

Have been going to Dr. Rubin for about a year. When the first medication he prescribed didn't work , he eased me over to one that did and that worked fairly quickly and well .I feel like myself again and feel confident that in the near future he will assist me in my goal of being medication free with a minimum of distress. I recommend him highly .

|  Very Satisfied  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a good listener he takes time to understand the problem to give the proper treatment. I would recommend him.

|  Very Satisfied  |  show details
by Marva P. on Sep 11th, 2013

On first meeting Dr. Rubin I quickly became comfortable talking with him, which is unusual for me. He has an aura of patience and understanding. He seems interested in me as a person and not just as a patient. I would not hesitate to highly recommend him.

Sep 10th, 2013

He knows medicine very well, and he knows that it should be different for all patients. He takes his time learning about you so that he can give you the proper treatment.

Sep 10th, 2013

I found Dr. Rubin to be a good listener. He prescribed medication that worked and when I was ready told me how to stop taking it. I would recommend him to a friend,

|  Highly recommend Dr. Rubin  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2013

I had an extremely difficult time finding a psychiatrist who takes my insurance and is accepting new patients. After months of anxiety and not sleeping, Dr. Rubin helped me starting with my very first visit. Our follow up visits have been brief, because I'm feeling good. If I felt the need, he'd spend more time with me. I'm grateful for his assistance.

|  Highly recommend!  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2013

I highly recommend Doctor Rubin. He's extremely professional and educates the patient in the overall treatment plan. He's easy to speak to and I am always totally comfortable during treatments.

by Caroline F. on Aug 13th, 2013

I have met w/Dr. Rubin 5 times now and he has been extremely easy to work with. He truly listened to my symptoms, prescribed medicines I felt comfortable with and has followed up with me in great detail to see how I'm doing. You won't find a better psychopharmacologist

Aug 13th, 2013

Fairly new patient. He is an excellent listener. Very patient.

by Happy Patient on Aug 12th, 2013

I throughly trust Dr. Rubin. He is through, easy to speak to, listens well and doesn't prescribe or give medication without fully understanding your needs.

by A.K. on Aug 6th, 2013

What can I say? The man has the patience of a saint- I was touched by the amount of compassion shown to me and impressed by how knowledgeable he was, and that that knowledge was shared with me in a non-patronizing manner (It seems like many doctors can't help but be condescending sometimes, not that I blame them, but Dr.Rubin manages to avoid this somehow) This is what an excellent psychiatrist looks like, and I feel lucky to have found him.

Aug 2nd, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Rubin's for several years. He is always prompt about seeing you at the time of your appointment. He has a pleasant demeanor and takes the time during your visit to fully discuss whatever you need to discuss. He makes recommendations which are realistic and discusses results with you on follow up visit. I would highly recommend him.

|  Dr Rubin Review  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2013

Very nice and well-mannered. Asked good questions. Understood my answers well. I would definitely recommend him to a friend/acquaintance.

|  Great doctor.  |  show details
by Ian on Jul 31st, 2013

I began seeing Dr. Rubin almost a year and a half ago. He's the only doctor I have ever stuck with after they stopped taking my insurance. He's thorough, thoughtful and resembles Henry Gibson. Great doctor, you can't go wrong with him.

|  psychiatrist review  |  show details
by LV on Jul 26th, 2013

Very sweet man. Seems to know his medications.

Jul 25th, 2013

Dr. Rubin has been treating me for Depression for 10 years now. He has vastly improved my life through the proper prescription of appropriate and effective medication. He has great insight and is personable and compassionate. Dr. Rubin has a great sense of humor and puts the patient at ease. He has done nothing less than worked a miracle in my life. Because of his treatment I can perform as a professional and support my family. I would recommend Dr. Rubin to anyone and without reservation.

|  Caring, highly qualified psychiatrist  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2013

Dr. Rubin has been treating me for depression for several years, and I've been doing really well. Dr. Rubin is personable, caring, smart, and up to date. He's thorough, addressing any aspect of my life which may affect my mental health, and he has expertise in the use of medications. His locations and hours are convenient, and he accepts many insurance plans. Highly recommended.

|  So far so good!!!  |  show details
by Stephen C. on Jul 22nd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for about 3 months after seeing another psychiatrist for several years. In the short time I have seen Dr. Rubin, I have been feeling markedly better. Dr. Rubin did an in depth history and interview at my first visit in addition to checking my bloodwork before administering meds. Many of the other psychiatrists I have tried went directly to medication, so this made me feel Dr. Rubin was not just "pushing" meds at me. Dr. Rubin is a good listner and seems genuinely concerned for my well being...

Jul 17th, 2013

I really like Dr. Rubin because of his thoroughness but mostly because of how he educated me about the various treatment options as well as my diagnosis. He explained his thoughts and diagnosis with me and offered me choices as far as how to respond to my anxiety. He answered all my questions and is very patient. He also addressed side effects of medications and even asked me to take some time to think about what actions I wanted to take (if any) as far as medications.

by Dan C on Jul 15th, 2013

Of all the people I have ever known, Doctor Rubin has helped me the most.

|  Very Satisfied in Brooklyn  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2013

My last doctor dropped my insurance and I was left scrambling for a new, GOOD doc that accepts GHI, preferably in Brooklyn. I got lucky finding Dr. Rubin! He spends a good amount of time assessing me and my needs. I've only been with him about 4 months but I'd recommend him to anybody!

|  Dr. Rubin  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Rubin for a bit over a year and he has helped change my life drastically. He's patient, courteous and extremely knowledgeable. My office visits are always a pleasure.

Jul 10th, 2013

Dr Rubin has excellent knowledge of his field, takes time to explain things clearly, answer questions etc, and clearly cares. I am highly confident in him and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

|  Great psychiatrist  |  show details
by Joanne R on Jul 10th, 2013

He has helped me through the death of my spouse and the aftermath. He is compassionate and his medications have helped me enormously.

|  Doctor Rubin is the best!  |  show details
by Dean D on Jul 8th, 2013

After suffering from problems for many years and at the end of my rope with other doctors, I found Dr. Rubin over 10 years ago, and he has helped me live a normal life once again. Dr Rubin is friendly and not "doctor like" which also helped me in my recovery as my other doctors made me feel like I was just a customer and would rush me out. I would recommend him to anybody.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by albertelli nancy on Jul 7th, 2013

I've had terrible anxiety problems. Thanks to Dr. Rubin, I can now live a normal life and do all the things i was afraid to do before.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
by Denise on Jul 1st, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for three years now. I am very satisfied with his attention to my needs. Appointments are always on time and the flexible schedule is a plus. I would and have recommended this doctor to my friends.

|  Great M.D.  |  show details
by Gregory Grifith on Jul 1st, 2013

Dr. Rubin has helped me from the minute I walked through the door by taking many notes & really figuring out what was wrong with me. He prescribed the the perfect medication & I see him once a month just to be monitored. He is always on time & when it comes to being professional he does not play any game even though he enjoys to laugh. I would recommend him to all my friends & family. He really is a Great M.D.

|  Clinical Nutrition Manager  |  show details
by Joseph on Jun 29th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Rubin was positive. The doctor was compassionate and sensitive to my feelings during my last two sessions. I would recommend Dr. Rubin to anyone interested in making an appointment with a behavioral health specialist.

Jun 28th, 2013

Dr. Rubin was a tremendous help in diagnosing my mother. After months of being on the wrong medication he got her on the right track after the first visit. After changing her medication she showed quick improvement and after over a year continues to do well.

|  Long time patient  |  show details
by Gina C. on Jun 27th, 2013

Dr. Rubin has been working with me for many years now and I trust him with my care. I could find a doctor closer to my home but have followed Dr. Rubin to different locations over the years as I am quite comfortable with his quality of care.

Jun 26th, 2013

Dr. Rubin has been a great help to me. I've come a long way since visiting Dr. Rubin. Easy to talk to. Highly Recommend.

Jun 24th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a very nice man and he cares about getting you well. He is good at explaining things and is very clear in terms of expressing what he means to say. He has been able to adjust my medication so I feel like my normal self again. What I am trying to explain to my parents, he puts it in better words to make them understand.

|  Patient/Client  |  show details
by John A. on Jun 23rd, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr. Rubin for 6 years. He's a straightforward doctor whose overall knowledge of meds and conditions is excellent, and I trust his judgement.

|  Dr. rubin is always available .  |  show details
by Ruth Gluck on Jun 20th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is always available whenever I need an appointment that is not a scheduled appointment. His secretary always calls me back promptly.

|  Compassionate and Flexible  |  show details
by I Perez on Jun 20th, 2013

I have been attended by Dr. Rubin for some years and I strongly recommend his practice. He has another office in Lake Success and he is very flexible in reference to place and time. I only put one star in reference to f/u after visit only because I was unable to relate that he DOES follow up when necessary and/or required. He is very thorough and what I like about him the most is that he is always soft spoken and calm even when he has to be direct and honest in his treatment plan. He has always made me feel comfortable and empowered within the treatment plan.

|  Dr.Rubin, experience that saved my life  |  show details
by Gary P on Jun 17th, 2013

Dr,Rubin has been of great help to me for many years. He has helped me through many trials & tribulations . Struggling with depression, anxiety and with his expertise he diagnosed my life long symptoms as ADHD . Many of the symptoms that had me ready to end my life , Dr.Rubin identified and treated.

|  A fantastic Doctor  |  show details
by Rita on Jun 16th, 2013

I was surprised when I first became Dr. Rubin's patient.He was very interested in my family history and medical conditions. He checked my blood pressure every visit. I saw him for over a decade and am still under his care. He has been there for me in the worst of times,and happily, without a breakdown.He has been there for me in the best of times and supported the tremendous strides I've made. I highly recommend Dr. Rubin a kind, compassionate, man who takes the interest and time to listen. Thank you Dr Rubin

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
by Wendy N on Jun 16th, 2013

I originally went to Dr. Rubin about 10 years ago having had a significant medical emergency. He diagnosed me and put me on medication which had an immediate effect and I was able to return to normal activities within a day or two with no adverse side effect. I was able to go off the medicine for a number of years but began experiencing some minor difficulties at which time I returned to Dr. Rubin who again diagnosed me and put me on a medication which I have stayed on for approximately 5-6 years. I have had no side effects and am functioning in a positive, healthy and happy manner despite having gone through several difficult and stressful life experiences. I highly recommend Dr. Rubin. He is excellent at diagnosis and treatment. He spends the necessary time with me and my experience regarding ease of appointment, wait time, etc. have all been problem-free.

Jun 14th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is extremely professional while at the same time a very real person who cares about how you're doing. His office assistant is also very on top of things, as I've called in with questions and she's very prompt on responding to her voicemails. Absolutely would recommend him to anyone inquiring.

|  Grateful Patient  |  show details
by Longtime Long Island Patient on Jun 13th, 2013

Dr. Rubin quite literally changed my life. I had a serious medical condition that three top neurologists could not successfully treat. Dr. Rubin made one medicinal suggestion and I have been fine ever since.

|  Would recommend him to anyone  |  show details
by Engee on Jun 12th, 2013

I have been seeing this doctor for a few years now and he is excellent and he has helped me go from a major depression to stable and kept me there. No small thing since general practitioners and been noting mood swings (which I didn't necessarily feel were medical in nature. To me they were particularly bad moods) and had been trying to treat it themselves with no success. After an episode in which a therapist told me was one of the worst he had seen (I was clearly physically ill, pale, forgetful) I progressed quickly to one of his most stable patients and was discharged. Dr. Rubin was a big part of that progress.

|  Kind gentle doctor  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a very patient and kind doctor whose experience has made his knowledge of medicines and diagnoses accurate.

Jun 6th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Rubin for 2 years, for OCD and depression and ADHD. He prescribed medication that very quickly and completely cured everything, especially the OCD. He is very patient, never in a rush, listens to everything and very professional in his manner. Thank you Dr Rubin

|  A life Saver  |  show details
by BC on Jun 6th, 2013

I went to Dr. Rubin years ago with a serious anxiety problem and he was able to diagnose me and help me feel better in less than one week. Since that time I have seen Dr. Rubin a few more times and each time I had the same great results. I highly recommend Dr. Rubin!

|  Nice, informative  |  show details
by Bill N on Jun 5th, 2013

Ive been to Dr Rubin several times, and is very attentive and easy to talk to. He also helps with choosing the right medication for me as some work and some do not, so i appreciate his patience!

|  Excellent Psychiatrist  |  show details
by Marilyn on Jun 3rd, 2013

Dr. Rubin, unlike many psychiatrists, takes the time to talk, actually talk to his patients. He does not just prescribe meds, but used talk therapy. He is encouraging and upbeat.

|  Professional and effective  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2013

I give Dr. Rubin the highest review possible. My experience has always been very positive. He impresses me as being extremely knowledgable, a very good listener, and concerned. His advice has led to sustained marked improvement in my mental outlook. He also recommended a psychologist who is a perfect fit for me. Thank you Dr. Rubin!

|  Outstanding Psychiatrist  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Rubin. Not only is he very knowledgeable in his field, but he truly cares about his patients and their outcomes. He always seems to be on time with his appointments, give or take five minuntes or so, and it never feels like he rushes you out the door. He is a good listener and has great memory of the details of his patient's lives and information shared at past appointments. In addition to being adept at diagnosing mental health concerns and prescribing appropriate medication, he does an excellent job counseling his patients. I have benefitted greatly while under his care and would recommend him to anyone.

by M.R. on Jun 1st, 2013

Dr Rubin is a wonderful man and a fabulous doctor.

|  excellent  |  show details
by arlene on May 28th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Rubin for many years. He has always been very respectful, listens to my wishes and is willing to discuss pros and cons. He is reliable and always keeps appointments on time. I have referred other people to him and they have generally been very satisfied.

|  Great experience  |  show details
by Larisa on May 27th, 2013

I really appreciated that Dr. Rubin listened to me but also kept me on track. He was very straightforward and didn't beat around the bush which I really liked. Overall it was a great experience. I had to wait a few weeks for the initial appointment, but other than that everything was wonderful.

|  Kind, caring psychiatrist  |  show details
May 26th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is accommodating and a good listener. He always asks if I have any questions.

by Lou D., New York on May 20th, 2013

Top notch. Professional, compassionate and genuine. Never judgmental. Very easy to speak with. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

by Marc L on May 20th, 2013

highly recommended.

|  A Helpful Doctor...  |  show details
by Megan M. on May 19th, 2013

very personable

|  DR RUBIN KNOWS HIS MEDS!!!  |  show details
by Mary W. on May 19th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Rubin since 2002. Any time change comes my way, I become anxious. My untreated anxiety leads to depression...BAD! Panic attacks, uncontrollable crying throughout the day... After a few visits with a psychologist who was a.family friend, he recommended I see a psychiatrist because all I did was sit in his chair and cry saying the same things over and over, that even though I really liked my new job, I was always anxious and felt NO confidence at all and that I would fail. I looked at my list of providers through insurance and Dr. Rubin was the closest to where I lived. He immediately gave me a prescription (I had been on meds a few years earlier for a few months) and I saw him once a week for the next few weeks while I adjusted to the medications. After only a few weeks I was feeling better and was able to spread out the visits until it became once a month then every 2 months as the years passed. There have been times that he adjusted my medications based on answers to the questions he had asked or side effects such as lack of sleep or weight gain. I always trusted his decisions. About 5 years ago I began to wean off the meds because I began thinking about having a baby. Boy was I stupid!!! Gradually I felt find at first and then my husband and I were looking to buy a house, which we did and the overwhelming amount of money, paperwork, renovations, etc really messed with my sanity!!! I didn't realize just how anxious I was until one outburst of tears became 2 then 3 then 4 times times a day! I knew I had to call Dr. Rubin right away because I had been through this a few times before. Right away he upped the dose of the last medication I was on bug after a few weeks of zero improvement he switched me back to the med that got me OUT of the depression (Effexor) while lowering the med that he had switched me to bc of weight gain. (Wellbutrin) When that was slow acting a I seriously thought I was losing my mind.he put me on an antipsychotic med Zyprexa for a few months this until I really got out of that dark place. A few weeks after taking it I began to feel better. Less paranoid and less crying! After several weeks I felt more like myself again but stayed on Zyprexa for 4 no this to really be sure I was out of the hole. I have been on Effexor ever since then even during my two pregnancies at a low dose. I know DR RUBIN truly cares about my well being. He always asks about my family.and he is genuine when asking. He is very smart about his decisionswith medications an my therapist who I talk to weekly agrees 100%. He Hasan answering service and always called back within 2 hours even on Saturdays which is Shabbos for him. He has many office hours and locations. His office manager Reba is an absolute sweetheart and always calls the day before to remind you.of your appointment. I have had nothing but a positive experience with Dr Rubin and have recommended to many people as well. I am completely at ease talking about my mental health because there's nothing to hide. I hope this has helped you make your decision . I have "gone mental" a few times in the last 15 or so years and Dr Rubin always knew exactly how to get me back to my old self. I have never felt better.

by Joseph Perini on May 18th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a very helpful doctor and I would recommend to everyone.

|  Ann M. K.  |  show details
May 17th, 2013

He is my savior. He is the best in his field. He cured my disorders. He is the most knowledgeable, kind, and nice MD I have ever met!

by elaine on May 17th, 2013

knowledgeable and kind

|  Absolutely wonderful!  |  show details
by Michelle M. on May 16th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for years and he is always kind, professional, and easy to talk to. I never feel rushed during our appointments, nor do I feel any judgement. Dr. Rubin is open to hearing my issues and concerns and seems genuinely invested in my well being. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking a psychiatrist.

May 15th, 2013

Amazing and caring doctor

|  Great DR  |  show details
by Gary M on May 14th, 2013

A past psychiatrist had misdiagnosed me for something. Kept on prescribing all kinds of meds and made me feel like a zombie!! I found out about Dr Rubin through my primary Dr. Since seeing Dr Rubin for over a year, he agreed with my misdiagnosis and we both knew what I had. I now feel like a new person with a new outlook on life. We both work together and its not about a Dr legally drugging a person. He's all about getting a person well. Bottom line, research read books on the issue and use this Dr,

|  He cares about his patients  |  show details
by Frank Trezza on May 14th, 2013

Doctor Rubin is a very nice man who has helped me treat my psychiatric issues. He is very knowledgeable, and he takes the time to get to know you and treats you as a person, not a patient. He is smart, kind, and the best psychiatrist I've worked with in a long time.

|  Thankful  |  show details
by Patricia A. Cacioppo on May 11th, 2013

I am so thankful for Dr. Rubin's help and guidance. He has always been very easy to talk to, helpful and takes the time to listen to me. I never feel rushed and my appointments run on time which with a busy schedule is very good!! I have recommended him to friends already!

May 9th, 2013

DR RUBIN IS A TRUE PROFFESIONAL. HE IS CARING AND CAPABLE

|  just what I expect  |  show details
May 8th, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Rubin for years and am very satisfied, other than that he no longer accepts my insurance.

|  Great experience  |  show details
by H.Grey on May 6th, 2013

I really liked Dr. Rubin, the wait is no more than 15 mins and he explains things to you. I would recommend him to my friends. Word of advise try not to be more than 15 mins late.

|  the good doctor  |  show details
by ellen w. on Apr 30th, 2013

I find Dr. Rubin to be empathetic and a good listener. I would highly recommmend him to anyone seeking professional psychiatric treatment. I find him to be kind and soft spoken and never judgemental. In summation, he is professional, helpful and makes himself available to the needs of the patient.

by Paul Greco on Apr 30th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Rubin has been very positive. He is a concerned and professional doctor who can be helpful. I highly recommend him.

by Warren Sicherman on Apr 30th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is exceptionall well qualified to prescribe medications to alleviate many of my mental concerns (anxiety, depression). He is also qualified to discuss concerns that I have about life's problems.

|  great doctor  |  show details
by john i on Apr 26th, 2013

dr rubin cares about his patients and goes the extra mile to make sure the needs of his patients are met he slao has a great bedside manner and a good sense of humor and thats important to me

|  caring provider  |  show details
by Mary S. on Apr 26th, 2013

Dr. Rubin has always been prompt, courteous, and caring. Appointments are made with ease by phone. He listens carefully, takes notes, and explains my medication options thoroughly and clearly. When I confused the date of my appointment, he fit me into his schedule anyway. I began going to him when my doctor retired suddenly. Dr. Rubin made the transition as anxiety-free as possible. I recommend him quite strongly

|  good review  |  show details
by patient on Apr 24th, 2013

Dr. Rubin seemed knowledgeable and approachable. I believe he gave me an accurate diagnosis. I had to wait about a month for an initial consultation, but follow up was quick to schedule and he seems available if I need assistance. I would recommend him.

by Paul B on Apr 23rd, 2013

Dr. Rubin has been very helpful and understanding while I am in a troubled time. He has given me plenty of time and good advice. He also takes insurance (rare in NY)

by Avi on Apr 23rd, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Rubin for several months. He has always been helpful in finding the issues and proposing the best treatment method. He is kind, punctual and knows his stuff. I would recommend to others.

Apr 22nd, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a fabulous Doctor! I was severely depressed as I went through an acute crisis six years ago. I have been under his wing since then and he saved my life. I recommend him to the highest degree!!

|  Caring doctor  |  show details
by G C on Apr 22nd, 2013

Dr. Rubin will spend time with you to give you the best possible care. I would certainly trust him. He helped me find a better medication to treat my depression/anxiety, which made me wonder why my previous physician had me on the medication I was taking before for so long. Good doctor. Good manner.

Apr 20th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for a number of years. He is caring and has a calming effect on his patients. If not for Dr.Rubin, I would still be experiencing life in a negative way.

by James Cornetta on Apr 20th, 2013

I was living in NY, now back it Pennsylvania...I drive 2 1/2 hours because Dr. Rubin is worth it!! He takes his time with me, listens, asks questions. Not a script writer. Best is, he doesn't rush you. Highly recommend him.

|  Great Physician  |  show details
by Adele Leibowitz on Apr 19th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a patient and understanding physician. He enables a person to deal with their emotional difficulties in a clear and productive discussion. His guidance has helped me to lead a more productive and happier life. Dr. Rubin allows one to learn to recognize his/her own problems and how to deal with them.

|  Lifesaver  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2013

Dr Rubin saved my life! I can't imagine where I'd be now without him!!

|  Satisfied Patient  |  show details
Apr 17th, 2013

I am very appreciative of Dr. Rubin's thoughtfulness and knowledge. He is caring and his availability is good. He took the time to find the issue, treat it and evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment. He works with you and genuinely cares.

|  Top of the List  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr Rubin for the past 18 months and I have seen other psychiatrits in the past. I rate Dr. Rubin at the top of my list. He was very thorough and insightful during the assessment, He recommended a change in medication and it proved to be the right medication. During our follow-up sessions he does not just write another presciption he talks to you about any issues you might have and he gives feedback.

|  Competent, Empathetic and Caring  |  show details
by AMD on Apr 13th, 2013

Excellent bedside manner; Thorough; Pharmacologically knowledgeable

Apr 12th, 2013

I have been with Dr. Rubin for many years and have always found him to be patient, caring and very easy to talk to. I recommend him highly.

|  mrs.  |  show details
by liz h. on Apr 11th, 2013

Very easy to talk to. Has a soothing calm demeanor. Highly recommend him. I enjoy talking to him.

|  Mr  |  show details
by Hal S on Apr 10th, 2013

He makes me feel comfortable. I'd recommend him to family and friends.

Apr 10th, 2013

I have been a satisfied patient of Dr. Rubin for many years. He is always understanding, kind, and patient. He is a wonderful health professional who combines his knowledge of pharmacology with empathy for the patient.

|  Getting My Life Back  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2013

I went to Dr Rubin for the first time 5 years ago, suffering from panic attacks, and depression. All I can tell you is that he gave me my life back. I still continue to see him at least 3 times a year, just to let him know how I'm doing. I would highly recommend Dr. Rubin to anyone that is in need of his services.

|  Gentleman  |  show details
by John K on Apr 10th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a gentleman. Soft spoken, easy to talk too. Understands you problems.

|  Professional and Experienced  |  show details
by Cathy A on Apr 7th, 2013

Longstanding patient with Dr. Rubin. I have had several issues over the years that required attention after office hours. I have always received prompt and professional care addressing and resolving my concerns.

|  MY REVIEW OF DR RUBIN  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2013

DR RUBIN IS VERY SYMPATHETIC

by Jane Lupo on Apr 5th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for approximately 2 years. I have always found him to be a caring and thoughtful doctor. He has a quiet soft way about him which I find to be quite calming. I would recommend him to anyone.

Apr 3rd, 2013

Dr Rubin is a great doctor and so sweet. I highly recommend him

|  10 out of 10  |  show details
by Mary Lou on Apr 3rd, 2013

I have nothing but high praise for Dr. Rubin. I have been seeing him for about 2 1/2 years. I cannot begin to tell you what he did for me and continues to do. He is great.

Apr 3rd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for over four years and find him to be very compassionate and dedicated. He listens and seems very interested in helping to resolve issues. Any adjustments made in prescribed medication have only helped. Overall I would highly recommend Dr. Rubin.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Robert Kaufman on Apr 2nd, 2013

Dr. Rubin is a fantastic Physician who cares about his patients. I myself have never met a more competent doctor in this field. Thank you Dr. Rubin for everything you have done and continue to do for me. I highly recommend this doctor if you need a good Psychiatrist.

|  Genuine, Approachable, Honest Professional  |  show details
by Liliane G. on Mar 29th, 2013

I have been under Dr. Rubin's care for approximately five years. My previous doctor really never took the time to get to know me, would see me infrequently, and always seemed to be rushing me out of his office. Looking for a different experience, I found Dr. Rubin. Dr. Rubin really took the time to get to know me. He is extremely genuine, trustworthy, and his gentle nature makes it easy for you to open up to him. He has helped me get through many "rough patches" over the past five years. He is very encouraging and supportive. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends.

|  RW  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2013

Dr . Rubin is a good listener. He is very sympathetic and receptive to the topics we discuss. He guides me through my trials and tribulations.

|  A Dr. you can feel comfortable with  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2013

Dr. Alan Rubin has been one of my doctors for years. He has always listened to me and taken into consideration all of my concerns. Dr. Rubin is kind and patient. He always remembers whats going on in my life and takes time to ask me about things. I think he genuinely cares about his patients. He's never let me down with appointments or when I need advice.

|  Courtesy, Profesional, Respect  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2013

I have been in the care of Dr. Rubin for around 13 years and think he is a wonderful professional doctor, the kind all doctors should be. he doesn't give you any nonsense. he is up front with everything and doesn't talk down to his patients like many other doctors do. not only am i a patient but my dad is too. He is not a "pill pushing doc". I believe i would not be where i am if it was not for Dr. Rubin and i Thank him.

|  An Excellent Psychiatrist  |  show details
by Vicky H. on Mar 23rd, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for the past 13 years. He has helped me through work crises, a botched PhD program, a failed marriage, and other problems. He is very professional, but is also warm and caring. I trust his advice and his medicine recommendations. I don't intend to look for another psychiatrist, unless Dr. Rubin retires. I am very happy with Doctor Rubin.

|  Best psychiatrist i have had  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2013

I suffer from depression and have gone through quite a few psychiatrists. Then I met Dr. Rubin. He is pleasant, easy to talk to, and more importantly does not do what all others phychiatrists did, get you in an out of the office in less than 15 minutes and expect to know what medication works best......he is an excellent doctor.

|  Great professional doctor  |  show details
by Evan B. on Mar 21st, 2013

He is very professional and very knowledgeable. He is very thorough and will address your concerns. He is highly recommended.

Mar 21st, 2013

Dr. Rubin is an honest and hardworking psychiatrist. I appreciate his straightforward and thoughtful approach to psychiatry. He takes care to understand my mental health by talking with me and more importantly, communicating with my regular psychologist. He would earn a perfect rating, but my treatment process has been very long because my depression has been extremely resistant to all kinds of medication. For the most part, him and his secretary are very well organized and are only prone to occasional mistakes due to the high volume of patients that he has to see to make a living. He maintains a professional attitude while also being a very caring man.

|  Sweet & Caring  |  show details
by R. L. on Mar 20th, 2013

I highly recommed Dr. Rubin to anyone who is seeking a knowledgeable, patient, caring, honest pyschiatrist. The experience that I had with my last pyschiatrist left me with a bitter taste in my mouth because I felt she didn't really take the time to diagnose my true problem/issue, that it was more of a money and put me on anything kind of thing. I found Dr. Rubin to be a true professional who was commited to his job of helping me as well I'm sure he does with all of his patients.

|  Perfect Fit  |  show details
by P. Marks on Mar 20th, 2013

Dr. Rubin really listens to your situation, and treats you according to what is best for you. He is courteous, caring, and very accommodating in scheduling of appointments. So lucky to have found him, and have referred him to my family and friends.

by Cindy on Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. Rubin has treated me with compassion and understanding for nearly twenty years. He always made time to discuss matters that were particularly stressful. He offered valid suggestions and never pressured me into making decisions or taking medication. My faith in him gave me the confidence to take medication for postpartum depression and panic disorder and I believe this has allowed me to enjoy the quality of life I have now.

by Steve W on Mar 13th, 2013

Dr. Rubin has, over the years I have seen him, proven to be a thorough and attentive physician. The treatment I have received both with and without the use of medication has been effective. He is respecful and amiable, and I would recommend him without reservation

|  Dedicated profesional  |  show details
by Margaret Ann Farrell on Mar 11th, 2013

Dr. Allan Lawrence Rubin Kindhearted, dedicated, humorous, and straightforward professional I have been a patient of Dr. Rubin’s for about eight years. I was always opposed to taking medication. Dr. Rubin allowed me a trial for a short time so that I could see how my mood would be without it. He also patiently tried several different medications until we found a good fit. Dr. Rubin is a kind and compassionate physician, who is always punctual. I usually see him every three months, however if there is something new going on in my life he will see me every month. The only time I ever felt that Dr. Rubin was upset with me is when He felt that I wasn’t taking care of my own health in the same way that as I care for others. I highly recommend him, as well as his very hard working, and dedicated Riva.

|  Positive Feelings  |  show details
by David G. on Mar 10th, 2013

A listening, empathetic, understanding, caring person who at the same time is a competent physician who sees the person as the focus of the session.

by John B on Mar 7th, 2013

Ive been seeing Dr Rubin for over 1 year. He is always professional and shows a real interest in how I'm feeling. From what I've been told, this is unusual for most other Dr's in the same field. He is making a true effort to find the right treatment for me and my situations.

Mar 7th, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Rubin. He is a very professional and caring Doctor. He has helped me significantly in my life and goes above and beyond for all his patients.

|  Alan Lawrence Rubin, M.D.  |  show details
by Samantha L. on Mar 7th, 2013

He is a great doctor. During visits, he always listens to me and is very through with his questioning. Throughout the whole process, he has always done what was in the best interest of my health.

|  Works well with his patients  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2013

Dr. Rubin really works with his patients to find the best plan that works. He is always available when I have needed him. I highly recommend him

|  Very Professional  |  show details
by Jerry Crawford on Mar 5th, 2013

I have been seeing doctor Rubin for many years now . He is very professional and careing.

by Joan M. on Mar 4th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for about 10 years. He has treated me with care and much professionalism. He monitors any medication that he prescribes and takes his job very seriously. I have recommended Dr.Rubin to other people who are also grateful to be treated by him.

Mar 4th, 2013

I have been seeing Doctor Rubin since 2007. He has always been professional and kind. He is a great doctor and I look forward to my visits with him.

Feb 27th, 2013

Dr. Rubin is an excellent doctor and a very fine person. He listens attentively and is able to diagnose my problems and treat me with the most effective medications. His assistant Reva is extremely helpful. I recommend him very highly.

Feb 26th, 2013

Dr. Rubin has been treating me since 2009 when I suffered from severe PPD( Postpartum Depression). He put me on the right dosage of medication and I had my life back. Then, with the birth of my second child, I suffered from PPD again. Dr. Rubin is treating me, and again has me on the correct dosage of medication.

|  rubin  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2013

dr. rubin has really helped me, with his help we have found the right medication for me, i thank him for all he has done if you want a nice doctor go to him, he is very friendly and will help i rate him a 5 out of 5

|  See Dr. Rubin has changed my LIFE! Highly recommend him!  |  show details
Feb 22nd, 2013

I was lucky enough to have found Dr. Rubin through a search on my Health Care Insurance website. He and Rita (his appointment planner). Are the utmost Professional and courteous. Appointments are easy to make and he is always on time. You wait maybe 15 minutes at most. He has a great way of communicating with me. I have been seeing him for over 3 years now. It has helped me in every aspect of my life. Just a good man and a great Doctor. Highly recommended.

Feb 11th, 2013

I was fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Rubin. His concern for my health has given me my life back.

|  Horrible Scammer  |  show details
Dec 4th, 2012

Went to see him for my initial visit in September, no problem...took my $350.00 with ease. After that good luck trying to get in touch with him....horrible way of treating patients. Its December 5th now and i'm still waiting for a callback. Go figure.

May 9th, 2012

Excellent doctor- knows his field well. I'm feeling extremely well due to his efforts.

|  Avoid  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2012

Dr Rubin prescribed medication that I had severe reaction to and didnt follow up with me after I contacted him. A strange fellow.

|  Horrible doctor - save your money and your time  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

I had a follow up appt after being prescribed medicine...Dr. Rubin wrote the appt on the card and everything. Upon arrival I waited for 30 minutes just to find out he never scheduled it in his book and that he had no time to see me. I told him that was un-organized and un-professional. He stated he would do a phone consulatation. I called the next day and he returned my phone call several hours later. He asked me how I was feeling and some standard practice questions, then proceeded to tell me that he did not want to see me anymore. I was flabbergasted. He charges if you miss the appointment but he can just forget appointments and that is fine. Absolutely ridiculous this experience was and I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO HIM NOR RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE. The way he handled the situation had my anxiety at an all time high....and just proved the fact that he is unprofessional and extremely disorganized. Please do not see this doctor.

Sep 14th, 2011

This doctor has compassion and great knowledge in his field. I would recommend him to those who require medications.

Apr 10th, 2011

This doctor is extremely sensitive to the way in which my medications are adjusted. He listens caring and concerned about my well-being.

Apr 16th, 2009

Dr. Rubin can be helpful but can also be perfunctory and dismissive, which is a shame for someone in his field.