A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Ruby:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Ruby is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Ruby, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Retinal Perforations
Education & Awards
Dr. Ruby graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Ruby has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Beaumont Hospital,Troy
- Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ruby accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 2 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 3 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan J. Ruby practice?
Dr. Alan Ruby practices Ophthalmology near Livonia, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Royal Oak, MI and Novi, MI.
See Livonia Ophthalmologists.