Psychiatrists

22048 Sherman Way
Ste 214
Canoga Park, CA 91303
818-888-8428
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

|  Emotional 4 year olds of chronological adult age  |  show details
by Eddie. on Nov 7th, 2013

The doctor pretty much does his job. Needs to catch up on the right dosage of certain meds, but for the most part shows sign of undivided attention. Now the staff (alla and carmen) can pretty much be summed up as a littirary word, 'female dogs' . Now having no impulse control hanging up the phone, saying I don't believe you may be excused as a cute behavior when you are three or four bit not as adults. Especially at a psychiatrist office. Wow I was a bit surprised to hear such infantile behavior. The thing is you can't talk to someone with a borderline personality disorder. Alla felt justified for herb verbal abuse because she was convinced I did not need more medicine. The primitive defenses did not allow her to see she is representing the psychiatric office. So this falls back on the doctors shoulders in allowing this to happen. You don't argue with customers. and where it is the worst time to do that is in the psych office. A place where you come to get treatment and it starts with these childish adults. LOL

|  Great Doctor who understands!  |  show details
by Karen B on Sep 4th, 2013

Dr. Ruttenburg is a fantastic Dr. who cares about his patients, I've been seeing him for over a year & he tries his best to help me. Great Doctor!

|  "Physician, heal thy staff"  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2013

One of our children is served by Dr. Ruttenberg. I'm not sure that he knows how important his choice of customer-facing staff is to his patients. I can tell you, as a parent, that it has has a huge impact on my impression of his practice. I have never in my life endured the type of verbal abuse that I was given yesterday, by a woman half my age, no less. When you deal with the front office for this provider, be very careful how you choose your words, you may become her target too. My mistake was getting the name of a medication wrong when I dropped by to pick up samples for our child. Rather than look up my daughters records and/or talk to the Dr to verify, she chose to be sarcastic, abusive and vitriolic. Sarcastic from her very first words, she began by dressing me down about controlled substances and how they are distributed. I actually had to call my wife to get the correct medication name, as the receptionist didn't take any initiative to look it up herself. She was relentless. Even after I received the correct meds that I had come for, she couldn't manage to restrain herself. Incredibly, the last thing I heard her yell echoed in the halls after I walked out the door... "things aren't going to go well for you in the real world". In the "real world", I am a 30-year veteran of consumer marketing, and I can tell you, your customer-facing staff are in fact, the lifeline of your business and at minimum, they MUST treat your customers with dignity and respect. I hope to meet this provider face-to-face in the near future, though can't even contact him without dealing with her. If his receptionist is no longer there, apologizes, or at the least I become convinced that she is not representative of his practice, I will gladly change my rating.

|  show details
May 21st, 2012

Worst M.D. I've seen in my life. When I compare dr.'s on a scale of best to worst, Dr. Ruttenberg is where I start my worst scale.

|  I don't care what other people say  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2012

I have switched to Dr Ruttenberg by chance since 16 years ago. That was the best thing I ever did. I have seen quite a few psychiatrists before that. But those doctors made me nothing but worse. I couldnt control my movement then. My hands shaked so much that I couldnt hold a pen. My legs felt rigid and couldnt make a step bigger than 5 inches. Dr Ruttenberg changed all that by starting me off on a new drug. My condition gradually improved. Through out the years,, I have gained my movement back. My hands are good to write and type. My legs quit making those uncontrollable funny gaits. I can concentrate and focus. I gained my health back. And I attribute this to Dr Ruttenberg, such a wonderful doctor!

|  Avoid this doctor at all cost  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2010

Avoid this doctor at all cost. Dr.Alan Ruttenberg over medicated me for 12 years. He failed to warn me that the medicaton he was giving me could cause diabetes and other debilitating diseases like tardive dyskinesia. I complained to him about my hair falling out and other painful side effects and he dismissed my symptoms as due to something else. I went to see other doctors for second opinions. One endocrinologist even called him to say that he should get me off the medication,and he was still resistant. One day, I saw a segment on the news that doctors were over- prescribing this medication and were being paid by AstraZeneca under the table to push this drug. I told Dr.Ruttenberg about what I saw on the news and he admitted to me,"You know what,you don't need this medication anymore". The withdrawing was terrible (the worst headaches of my life)and to this day I have permanent health problems due to this.

|  show details
Jun 2nd, 2010

The office staff is SO rude i refuse to return. The Dr. is great but if he allows the staff to treat patients this way then I don't want any part. Their 48 hr cancellation policy changes by the minute and the scathing messages from the staff are incredibly inappropriate.

|  great doctor  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2010

caring doctor, always on time. very intelligent. great office staff.