A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Samuels:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Samuels is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Samuels
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Samuels Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Samuels, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Samuels graduated from New York University.
Dr. Samuels has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Albany Medical Center Hospital
- St Peter's Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan Mark Samuels MD is a male Internist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Alan M. Samuels practice?
- Dr. Alan Samuels has 2 office locations.
Dr. Alan Samuels practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Albany, NY.
See Albany Internists and Albany Gastroenterologists.