A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Schatzberg:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Schatzberg is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schatzberg
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schatzberg Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Schatzberg, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Cognition Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Dysthymic Disorder
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Phobias (Phobic Disorders)
- Psychotic Affective Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Schatzberg graduated from New York University. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Schatzberg has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan Schatzberg MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Alan Schatzberg practice?
- Dr. Alan Schatzberg has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Schatzberg practices Psychiatry near Palo Alto, CA.
See Palo Alto Psychiatrists.