A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Schatzberg:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Schatzberg, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
- Cognition Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Dysthymic Disorder
- Mental Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Phobias (Phobic Disorders)
- Psychotic Affective Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Substance Withdrawal Syndrome
Education & Awards
Dr. Schatzberg graduated from New York University. He has 6 awards.
Dr. Schatzberg has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan Schatzberg MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 42 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Alan Schatzberg practice?
- Dr. Alan Schatzberg has 2 office locations.
Dr. Alan Schatzberg practices Psychiatry near Palo Alto, CA.
See Palo Alto Psychiatrists.