Dr. Alan Schrager MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Mamaroneck, NY

April 7th, 2015
Disappointing
This dr is nice and friendly but ultimately, my appointment was a waste of time and money. I went to get a specific treatment and ended up getting an examination that I didn't request which confirmed that I didn't have a condition that I never thought I had to begin with. I left empty handed with no treatment for the condition that I do have. Even though my condition was diagnosed by another doctor and I showed him my blood test results, he dismissed my symptoms as being "all in my head". He said "some of my patients with similar results don't have your symptoms". Everyone knows that we are all the same... wait... that doesn't sound right.... His point was that I might have some other condition but he had no alternative diagnosis or treatment. The 5 minutes of the appointment, where we discussed what I came in for, seemed like they were just to humor me until he could prove me wrong. He kinda listened to what I had to say but he responded that he thought it was all in my head or like I was too stupid to know what I was talking about. Arrogance is common with doctors but this guy started the appointment by explaining how he was different and that he was going to listen. It was so disappointing. I asked for a specific prescription because I have had it before and it helped me. For some reason, many doctors (including this one), seem to have a problem with that. I may not have minded if he had suggested a better alternative based on a good reason but instead, he made me book another appointment 2 weeks later to get any treatment at all. His knowledge was limited an outdated too.Other than having a prescription pad, this doctor adds no value to my treatment. If I could by my meds without him, I would. I don't want to be too negative. This dr is probably good if you have one of the conditions he wants to treat. I'm just mad because I wasted my time and money and I'm still suffering. This guy would benefit from a few google clicks to bring his knowledge up to date though. The categories for rating doctors here don't include the most important ones. Did he successfully treat you. In this case I would rate 1 star. Was he knowledgeable about your condition and treatment: 1 star - his knowledge is out of date and frustratingly wrong. Did you come away better off than when you went in: 1 star. I am currently worse than before I saw him, I have no medication and I wasted money. The other categories are really of minor importance. I would take a doctor who made me wait and had a bad personality if he treated me successfully. An accurate diagnosis is irrelevant because doctors don't do that - it is done in the lab through blood work or at the imaging center these days. No doctors in the US ever follow up after a visit because there is no point once they have been paid. One final minor point, he handled my balls without wearing gloves. I really didn't like the feeling on old-man hands on my sack, ooh!

January 28th, 2014
Unprofessional and not ADA compliant
Very unprofessional. Office is not clean, not ADA compliant and when we had a minor disagreement (I wanted to be within earshot of my relative who cannot speak for herself) he said to me "I don't want to get aggressive, but this is my office". Exam table does not move and very difficult for a disabled person to get onto it. Had a horrible experience watching him and his nurse lift my half naked relative onto the table.

January 24th, 2011
Communicates but brusque
Seemed competent but quite brusque. Also, he is the only MD that did not offer me tissues to clean up after a digital poke. That made me wonder in what other ways he would be unfeeling.

January 24th, 2011