A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Shein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Shein is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shein
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Shein Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Shein graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Shein has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Summa Health Systems Hospitals
- Summa - Barberton Citizens Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan H Shein MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 29 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Alan H. Shein practice?
- Dr. Alan Shein has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Shein practices Psychiatry and Addiction Medicine near Akron, OH.
See Akron Psychiatrists and Akron Addiction Specialists.