Dr. Alan Shikoh MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 16th, 2014
Caring and Professional
I have had 4 colonoscopies over the past 14 years and 8 endoscopies over the last 15 months (following major hital hernia repair, and stomach, esopogaus,and transcolon resectioning resulting in 34 days in Vanderbilt University Hospital) for dysphasia caused primarily by esophogial scar tissue resulting from surgery. Dr.Shikoh has been super not only in performing the endoscopy procedures but following up on my conditions in a personal manner that treats me like I am his only patient. I strongly recommend Dr. Shikoh and the Memorial Endoscopy Center for any treatment, procedure, or consultation. I would rate him at 5 Stars.

June 19th, 2012
Doesn't seem to care.
This doctor came highly recommended to me by one of my clients who is also a physician. I was in need of an Upper GI so I had my primary care physician schedule me an appointment with Dr. Shikoh. My appointment was scheduled for only a week away - which was nice - until they called to confirm my appointment with the Physicians Assistant. What? No. I have a family history of stomach cancer and I wanted to discuss my issues and problems with an actual doctor, not a PA. I spoke with the person from the office who was calling to confirm my appointment and told her I wanted to see the doctor, she scheduled me an appointment over a month away! He acted annoyed and disinterested at my actual appointment with him (that I waited a month for) which was very disheartening. The upper GI went okay, I think, I wasn't really conscious when I was sent home and I didn't get clear instructions or a clear report of findings that I can remember since I wasn't very out of it. For my follow up appointment I was told I could ONLY see the PA, not the doctor. At least she had a much better attitude but she wasn't very helpful.

April 5th, 2012
Great Office
Dr Shikoh was awesome the whole time. I would highly recommend him :)

December 19th, 2009
Review from another physician
I am an internist as well, and I use Dr. Shikoh for my GI referrals. I also use him as my doctor. He is an excellent gastroenterologist. I have been very happy with his treatment of me and my patients. I would highly recommend him.