Geriatric Specialist (elderly care), Psychiatrist

Excellent Dr for All Types show details Excellent Dr for All Types
by Robin T on Dec 9th, 2014

Most of the reviews say he works best with people who want to get better. How would they know? I have been with Dr. Alan for more than 20 years and his unwavering support held me up long after I had given up. Yes, there were plenty of times I didn't think I could make it, but the doctor always found new help for me. He is consistent in following up because he takes an active part in the patient's healing. Any one would be blessed to have him for a doctor.

Dedicated Proffesional show details Dedicated Proffesional
by Beth on Jan 14th, 2014

I was fortunate when I found this doctor. He is unmatched in his knowledge and dedication. Exceptional man with the ability to listen. The doctor patient relationship is reciprocal with that being said if you don't want to be proactive in your treatment this is probably not a good match. Good doctors like this are hard to find.

Excellent Psychiatrist show details Excellent Psychiatrist
Feb 26th, 2013

I completely agree with the prior review. This guy is a topnotch practitioner with excellent skills as a diagnostician, pharmacologist, and a thorough knowledge of the practice of medicine. Everything you'd want from a psychiatrist! But understand that if you need your hand held, or what you really want is a professional to help you manage your life, then look under the heading of "Psychotherapist" and not "Psychiatrist."

Very Professional show details Very Professional
Feb 28th, 2012

This MD is a keeper. He really knows his medicine and best of all he really works collaboratively with me. Word of caution: he works very well with those who work very well with him. This means that his tolerance for games patient's play is nil, and I get this and respect that. If you don't, he probably not the MD for you.