Dr. Alan Shuster MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

March 31st, 2017
Our family has been going to Dr. Shuster for over 15 years. If you want the absolute best in eye care then he is the one to see. We have gone through cataract surgery, a detached retina and Glaucoma with him. There is no doubt we still have excellent eyesight because of his care. Since he has opened the new office in Stuart there has been less that a 5 minute wait time before getting called in.

March 28th, 2016
Dr. Schuster is too busy to have a good bed side manner. He's in and out of the examining room in a few minutes. He has an assembly line business. All of his staff was polite and pleasant except one. She was an optometrist helping me with my new glasses. When I got a wee bit excited about their malfunction, she exclaimed to me, "Calm down!" That was the first time in my life a young person ever ordered me to do something. I'll never forget it.

January 5th, 2016
Next please...
Disappointed with the Dr. Shuster after being recommended by a friend. Found him arrogant and as if he could not wait to get me our of his office. I since gone elsewhere where they made me feel welcome

July 27th, 2015
Dr. Shuster is a miracle worker. I have suffered from severe nearsightedness my entire life. I have never been able to function without corrective lenses. To compound my problem I developed cataracts in both eyes. After having my left lens replaced I am now have 20/20 vision in that eye. I can't wait to have my right eye lens replaced. I was able to see without glasses the moment my lens was replaced. I will be forever great full

March 23rd, 2011
Recommend this Eye Doctor
Very Busy office...BUT, have never had a problem being seen...Had one episode of an emergency status...severe and sudden eye pain and I had an appointment that day and was on the mend by that evening. For a routine yearly visit: 1st you are seen by Optometrist who takes a history and does a thorough prelimary exam. Then you seen by Dr Shuster himself. He is very busy...He does move quickly from one patient to the next usually within 10min: you do not have to sit around waiting for long. He is very friendly and not the least bit intimidating. One observation: his office staff are constantly bugging him and interupting him (about issues that could wait) while he is examining patients: I think they should change this behavior. Nevertheless, I am very happy with my care over the past four years. I trust Dr Shuster and his professional staff. I have recommended him to others and will continue to do so.

February 2nd, 2017