Dr. Alan Simeone MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

February 5th, 2014
2 years ago in May I was rushed to John's Hopkins with a flapping blood clot in my heart (this was caused from knee surgery that I had). Dr. Simeone performed open heart surgery on me and was very successful at keeping me alive. He kept my husband informed at how I was doing and explained everything to him in language that he could understand. He would come to see me every morning with the brightest smile on his face and check on me and keep me informed as to what was going on with my INR readings. He also told me that I was a walking miracle. I would recommend Dr. Simeone to anyone that needs a cardiologist. I really miss him!

August 7th, 2013
Outstanding Care
This time last year I was flown to Johns Hopkins with an arotic dissection, which I later learned has a very high mortality rate. Dr. Simeone and his team did an outstanding job saving my life..over a 10+ hour surgery. Perhaps more importantly he himself helped my wife and children understand what was going on at all times. I have friends that are surgeons and none have any bedside manner whatsoever. Conversely, Dr. Simeone was nothing short of outstanding in terms of his beside manner and putting me at ease and offering encouragement and provided overall superlative care. He took my calls and sent texts and he himself followed up with my care. I understand he has left Hopkins and returned to Virginia and I wish him all the best and thank him and his team for all they have done.

January 6th, 2010
Awesome Doctor
Dr. Simeone is a compassionate caring doctor in addition to his excellent expertise as a surgeon. Would reccommend him to anyone looking for a physician/surgeon.

March 25th, 2009
Dr. Simeone is the most caring doctor we have ever come across! he takes time to explain things, will even call us at home to be sure everything is going o.k. He is one in a million!!