Dr. Alan Smith MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 3rd, 2017
Great GYN
He takes the time to talk with you and really does care. Have been seeing him for over 10 years and he is awesome!!!

February 25th, 2015
AMAZING!!!
Dr. Smith is one of the best!! I have been seeing Dr. Smith for over 10 years and wouldn't dream of seeing anyone else. He seems to truly care about each and every patient. His staff is very courteous and makes me feel very comfortable.

January 8th, 2015
Dr. Alan Smith is amazing. However, his staff is incredibly rude.

September 19th, 2013
GREAT DOCTOR!
GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER, LISTENS TO YOUR CONCERNS AND IS THERE FOR YOU. VERY FAMILY ORIENTED, NICE STAFF (ESPECIALLY THE ULTRASOUND LADY) LOVED THEM.

June 10th, 2013
Appointment was a waste of time and money.
After having a chiropractor, a massage therapist, and a woman who had similar symptoms to me at one point in her life all tell me I should look into getting my hormone levels checked, I decided to research the symptoms of various hormonal imbalances and found that several of my symptoms could be indicative of hormonal issues. Granted, they're pretty nonspecific symptoms that can be caused by a myriad of different conditions, but after years of dealing with all of these issues and no answers, I just wanted to leave no stone unturned and explore the possibility. I had been told that a gynecologist would be the type of doctor most willing to help me explore this possibility, so I began looking into local gyns in the area. It turned out that most of the doctors with the best overall reviews were outside of my insurance network, and the one doctor in my insurance network with a rather large volume of positive feedback had a pretty lengthy waiting list. Thus, I called and scheduled an appointment with Dr. Smith instead noting that, although he didn't have many reviews, the ones he had were mostly positive. I should have just waited to see the other doctor. I called the office and asked the receptionist if Dr. Smith would be willing to check my hormones for me because I did not want to waste my time, money, and energy just to be shot down. She said that as long as he was covered under my insurance, he would, so I scheduled an appointment. A week later, I showed up to the appointment, and Dr. Smith told me that he would not order hormonal testing for me because it would be "a waste of money." That's easy for him to say; he's not the one whose life has been pretty much been put on hold because of an array of unexplained symptoms. When you're in that situation and have already explored most of your other options to no avail, you don't care about what such and such doctor thinks is "unlikely." You just want to check in case. You know what else was a waste of money? This appointment and the gas money I spent to drive to it. Now I have to spend more time and money finding another doctor or just spends hundreds of dollars more than I should have to ordering the tests by myself. If Dr. Smith was personally uncomfortable ordering the testing for me, that's his prerogative as a physician; however, I should not have been told that he WOULD do it for me over the phone if that was the case so that I never would have bothered to come out. To top things off, while I was checking out, his staff asked how I liked the doctor, so I told them that I was upset that he would not do what I was told he would do over the phone. Their response was basically, "Haha. Aww." I certainly will not be returning to see this doctor. I tried to explain that to his staff so that they did not go through the trouble of contacting my primary care physician for my blood glucose levels that he wanted to look at even though I told him that they had been checked several times and come back normal every time. They didn't seem to care, though, so oh well.

March 17th, 2013
A few years ago, I had some problems with irregular bleeding. I found his staff to be less than compassionate when I called in for evaluation. When I had my sonogram to see what was going on, it was on a Friday, and was not a scheduled visit. The woman who did the sonogram treated me absolutely terribly - I felt violated due to the way she forcibly moved the wand around in my body. The tone in her voice, and her actions made it clear that I was causing her to stay later than she had planned. I was in tears, it was so awful. When I told Dr. Smith what happened, he apparently had already heard her side of the story, and he treated me with disbelief and rudeness as well. It was truly one of the worst days of my life - I will never go back.

March 13th, 2012
Dr. Smith is a very good doctor. He did a great job with my diagnosis and surgery. Overall very pleased and will continue with his practice. His nurse Tracy can be rude and abrupt but I avoid interaction with her when I can.

January 3rd, 2012
Excellent Doctor and I would recommend him to all family and friends.

July 25th, 2011
Dr. Smith has been my doctor for two of my children. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor that I have ever had. If there is a problem with your pregnancy, you are absolutely in the best hands! He is amazing!

April 11th, 2011
Great doctor
I had 2 babies delivered by him and he is GREAT!! i would recommend him to anybody. Very caring and had to do an emergency CSection with me on my last one. He did great and minumum scaring!

May 10th, 2017