A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Smiy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Smiy is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Smiy, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Smiy graduated from American University of the Caribbean, Coral Gables. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Smiy has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Lakeland Regional Health System - St Joseph
- Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smiy accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- McLaren Health Plan - 2 plans
- Physicians Health Plan of Northern Indiana - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan N. Smiy practice?
Dr. Alan Smiy practices Family Medicine, General Practice, Cardiology, and Vascular Surgery near Saint Joseph, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Dowagiac, MI.
See Saint Joseph Family Physicians, Saint Joseph General Practitioners, Saint Joseph Cardiologists, and Saint Joseph Surgeons.