Dr. Alan Smiy MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

February 10th, 2015
Dr. Smiy and his staff were very professional and took care of my illness with great care. He is a very compassionate provider who took time to listen to my concerns. Would highly recommend him to anyone seeking competent medical care. He is always on time and rarely keeps you waiting for an appointment!

June 30th, 2013
Dr. Smiy is not good, I truly suggest not visiting him.
Dr. Smiy's office offered very few staff working hours. It felt impossible to schedule an appointment. I have spent several hours in his waiting room, waiting for my "scheduled appt". Nurse Deb is the only good thing about his practice, the rest of staff is incompetent. I begged for allergy shots or medicine, I have severe allergies. Nothing was given/prescribed/or suggested to me. Dr Smiy charged me a $40 annual fee. I visited the office one time this year (to plead for allergy medicine, as my allergies are terrible). Nothing came out of the visit, but I did notice the entire staff received new macbook laptops. I received a letter that he was closing his branch. Not giving ANY refunds for the $40 "annual fee" that got me one terrible visit without an outcome. He refused to call me back or allow a refund. He is a money hungry terrible person.

May 29th, 2013
Receptionist incompetence
I have not been to Dr Smiy's office in 2yrs. But they continue to call me. For some reason they keep entering my number for new clients. The 1st couple times was funny haha. I notified them to correct the issue. Fran, 1st blamed the other clients for giving them the wrong number. Then it was the computer. Needless to say these phone calls have not stopped. Including Fran who is not a computer but human and the person I have spoken to a number of times about this has called me. It is not as easy as to just block their number because I have counted 3 numbers from Dr Smiy's office that continues to call. Also bill collectors for their patients who have not paid are also calling. And all I went to the Dr Smiy for was to help lower my blood pressure. Which his office has only increased it with this annoyance. I have been nothing but polite with his office staff but that can't seem to get their heads out of a dark hole. It is to the point now were I will be the opposite of nice and down right mean when it happens again. I am ready to file harassment charges because you would think after 6 phone calls to them when I spoke to a person this could be resolved.

August 6th, 2012
I find Dr. Smit to be professional, warm and willing to take time with any concern I may have. I do not hesitate to recommend him

June 8th, 2012
poor customer care
my aunt called went in to see Dr. Smiy, and every time she goes in to see him they never seem to get her perscriptions called in to the pharmacy correctly. Dr. Smiy is a good man himself, but his staff is nothing but inprofientient. hates this office arrangements!!!!!!

December 8th, 2011
Liked the office better when the dr. was actually in it. Feel like I'm being passed to the PA and having no contact with dr.

December 7th, 2011
Dr Alan Smiy
Dr Smiy is a professional, I feel really comfortable going to see him. I can tell him what is wrong without having him rush out of the room like my last doctor. Dr smiy sits and listens and is very friendly and a all out great guy.. I enjoy going to see him!!!

September 7th, 2011
Review for Dr. Smiy
One thing that really stands out about Dr. Smiy is that he really cares about my health. He listens attentively and makes me feel cared for. Also, I feel that he is able to give me the time I need because it is not a large office. It is hard to find places like this. I am very satisfied with this doctor. It's a great place to be.

March 15th, 2011
FIND A DIFFERENT DOCTOR
I didn't see the doctor when I went for the first time, but a Nurse Practitioner. She was very nice, but it would have been nice to meet this doctor. HE CHARGES A $35 ANNUAL ADMINISTRATIVE FEE. You can find a doctor elsewhere that provides care for no fee. That is ridiculous. Who does that? I asked his staff to explain the fee. They were nice enough, but not helpful. Since I didn't meet him at my appointment, I called to ask about the fee. Left a voice mail, he never returned my call. Rude. I will continue care through this year, since I paid that ridiculous fee, but then I will find a less greedy doctor. I mean, charging a fee is odd, but $35 is excessive. I mean, if it was like $10-20, I might let it slide, but this is too much. Who does he think he is?

April 2nd, 2010
Great
Dr. Smiy meet expectations in a family doctor. He and his staff are of good quality.

January 17th, 2010
1-16-2010: 1.) Charges an annula fee for his services!2.) Was surprised that he does not promote my getting a flu shot; doesn't feel thay actually protect one.3.) I am not comfortable with his schooling or university's rating from the Caribbean.4.) He is too matter-of-fact, layback for me. Very nice man, though.5.) Very poor follow-up. I still have a bloodwork order ourtstanding that they have never realized from several months ago. I never went to get my blood work checked after a hospital stay.

January 28th, 2009
Very comfortable place to be. Doctor Smiy and his staff are all very personable, caring, and easy to talk to. I think I have only had to sit in the waiting room one time, and not for long at all.