Dr. Alan Solway Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Alan Solway?

Posted on November 23rd, 2016

My patient experience with Dr. Solway was not acceptable. I found him to be very dismissive, impatient, arrogant, and adverse to clearly answering a question that I had concerning a diagnosis and procedure that he advised having done during a recent office visit. Subsequently, I called the office manager to discuss this unacceptable experience, and told her that if Dr. Solway were, in fact, tired of seeing patients, perhaps he should consider discontinuing the practice of medicine.

Posted on November 18th, 2016

Dr. Solway was extremely curt and told me that he didn't have time to explain a question I had about a surgical procedure. His staff was much more courteous than he.

Posted on August 26th, 2015

Great Physician - a patient for over 20 years

RN

Posted on May 6th, 2015

Great doctor!! I'm so thankful a colleague referred me to Dr. Solway, I wouldn't take my family anywhere else!

Posted on April 20th, 2015

Dr. Solway is just great and his staff is outstanding also.

Posted on November 17th, 2012

Horrible doctor. Egotistical gerk. Do not see him!

Posted on May 30th, 2012

Very experienced and knowledgable

Less than Professional

Posted on December 29th, 2011

I and some elderly family members have gone to him for about 10 years. I will not go to him anymore and one family member has requested that I take her elsewhere. His waits are always at least 30 mins. and, when you are on time, he will make you wait and take patients who have appts. after yours but got to the office and signed in much earlier-sometimes as much as 30 mins. earlier. Not hard to do as the majority of his clientele is elderly with not much to do. He spends only about 5 mins. with you and acts as if he's doing you a favor by seeing you. I quit going because I made an appt. when I got his reminder card. He examined me, asked me about any problems and when I told him one recurring complaint, he berated me for coming in and always having the same problem! He said:"What are you doing here? You always come in with the same problem. Why do you bother coming in?" When I tried to explain that I had gotten my annual card, he dismissed it and angrily walked out of the room. Now, when I take my elderly relatives, he turns his back to me and ignores me, even though under HIPPA I can be in the room and I'm taking notes in case the person later doesn't understand something. He's very unprofessional and I get the impression is only out to see how much money he can get by seeing as many patients as possible in a day. By the way, my new ophthamolgist told me that one eye had been over-corrected...the one that had been giving me problems for so many years! And gave me a much more thorough exam for my age (59). No problems with my eyesight now!

Posted on March 29th, 2017