A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. ALAN SOMMERS:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. ALAN SOMMERS is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. SOMMERS graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. SOMMERS has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Arrowhead Community
- Scottsdale Healthcare-Shea
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. SOMMERS accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Mercy Care Plan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona - 2 plans
- Health Choice Arizona - 2 plans
- SCAN Health Plan - 1 plan
- Evercare - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 4 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Phoenix Health Plan - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Cigna - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. ALAN B. SOMMERS practice?
Dr. ALAN SOMMERS practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Phoenix, AZ.
Additional practice locations include: Glendale, AZ and Fountain Hills, AZ.
See Phoenix Internists, Phoenix Cardiologists, and Phoenix Cardiothoracic Surgeons.