A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Sommers:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Sommers is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sommers
Obesity Patient Education Our obesity patient education guide explains causes, diagnosis and treatments for obseity and how to lose weight.Before Visiting Dr. Sommers Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Sommers graduated from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Sommers has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Scottsdale Healthcare-Shea
- Scottsdale Healthcare-Osborn
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan B Sommers DO is a male Internist, has 35 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Alan B. Sommers practice?
- Dr. Alan Sommers has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Sommers practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Internists and Phoenix Cardiologists.