A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Speir:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Speir is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Speir, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
Education & Awards
Dr. Speir graduated from Medical College of Georgia, Augusta. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Speir has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Virginia Hospital Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan M Speir MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 36 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Alan M. Speir practice?
- Dr. Alan Speir has 5 office locations.
Dr. Alan Speir practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Falls Church, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Arlington, VA and Alexandria, VA.
See Falls Church Surgeons.