A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Tuckman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Tuckman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Tuckman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Tuckman graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Tuckman has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Lancaster General Hospital
- Saint Joseph Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tuckman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Cigna - 2 plans
- UPMC Health Plan - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Capital Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan S. Tuckman practice?
Dr. Alan Tuckman practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Reading, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Ephrata, PA and Mount Joy, PA.
See Reading Surgeons.