Dr. Alan Unell MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Colleyville, TX

3.6

November 22nd, 2015
Great doctor!
I loved Dr. Unell. He was a very kind and caring doctor. I was referred to him. I will send everyone I know to see him.

November 22nd, 2015
Great doctor!

May 4th, 2015
nice & personal

May 4th, 2015
nice & personal

August 15th, 2013
Not What I Expected
I wish I would have read the reviews before I chose this practice. They were running behind on the appointment time, but want to charge you if your running late. Staff was okay. Doctor said a few words, completed the exam, and dashed out of the room. I was handed several X-ray prescription, but wasn't told how to go about scheduling them. When I went to check out, they wanted me to pay because of insurance copays. However, if they had checked like they said they did, they would have known I met my out of pocket. If I wanted my test and lab results, I would have schedule another appointment. In the end, I felt like this was a medical practice that was determined to milk every penny out of you. I'm following my gut and running from it as fast as I can.

June 14th, 2012
Terrible
Would not order my full blood work up as most Dr's do. Referred me to another Dr. in his practice. They try to having you come back for the office fee. I m finding a new Dr. and clinic.

February 13th, 2012
Amy M.
Dr. Unell is an excellent doctor who has a wonderful bedside manner. He is very compassionate and listens to me as I discuss my concerns. I came to see Dr. Unell due to my hormones becoming unbalanced. I had several symptoms of fatigue, depression, stress, and my weight loss journey was at a stand still. Dr. Unell took the time at each visit to listen and didn't rush me. There are always two sides to a doctor/patient relationship. I have to take a stand for myself and speak up to what I am struggling with so Dr. Unell will know how to treat me. Dr. Unell can't read my mind but he does respond with compassion and knowledge when I let my concerns be known. I have to use my voice. He took the time to find out that I was in mild adrenal fatigue and followed me very closely. He walks the journey with his patients but in order for it to be a positive experience the patient must speak up and so I did. Dr. Unell continues to walk the journey of health with me and we are seeing success along the way through balancing the hormones and changing the adrenal fatigue. Dr. Unell has been a true "god send". His medical assistants are great especially Dawn. She has such a compassionate heart and you can see she truly cares about Dr. Unell's patients.

November 14th, 2011
Last me as a patient due to no show fees
Dr Unell is a good dr but The Fem Centre's office staff is very rude. I have been a patient of Dr Unells for over 15 years. The office tried to charge me $70 for not showing up for a follow-up appt that I canceled. They were totally inflexible - I paid the fee so they wouldn't turn me over to collections - but lost a long time patient over it. Just warning people out there to be wary.

June 7th, 2011
The best doctor I have ever had!!
Dr Unell has been my doctor for the past 16 yrs and I highly recommend him. He is caring, responsible and an excellent physician.

June 7th, 2011
The best doctor I have ever had!!

July 29th, 2009
Got my Life Back!
Dr. Unell took the time to listen to my problems. I never felt rushed and he treated me like I was his only patient. I feel better than I have in years! Highly recommend this caring doc.

July 29th, 2009