Dr. Alan Valadie MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Bradenton, FL

January 12th, 2017
I had a Right total hip arthroplasty, anterior approach November 2016 under spinal anesthesia. I was in the O.R. at 7:00 am and home by 2pm. I was amazed at how fast my recovery and ability to return to normal activities was. The whole process from the beginning until the end was like clock work. All the staff were helpful and courteous.

December 7th, 2016
Retired Hospital CEO
Dr. Valadie came highly recommended by the CEO at the hospital where he practices. I traveled over an hour to his office since he reputation for quality, professionalism and expertise on knee operations was so well recognized. As evidence of this expertise the nursing staff in the hospital OR and on the orthopedic floor all said he is the surgeon they would go to for a knee operation. They would know first hand his surgical results. His office staff and physician assistant are extremely professional and attentive. Dr. Valadie has an excellent bedside manner, is very well trained and specializes in knee surgery. One of his most noticeable traits is listening. He asks questions, solicits patient information and is very personable. My surgical results and recovery have been very good. Even my physical therapist noted how well I progressed during the rehabilitation process (since I live an hour away I did not go to the office PT department so this opinion is very unbiased). I have recommended his name to several of my friends who are contemplating knee surgery. Another good friend of mine had the exact same procedure (total knee replacement) that I had and experienced the same level of professionalism, courtesy and positive surgical results.

November 28th, 2016
Don't go here if you are in immediate pain!
Don't go if you are in a lot of pain. It takes weeks for them to "get" your records, and then more weeks for the doctor to review the records. It took over 6 weeks just to schedule the first appointment. Furthermore when I called to schedule it, the system put me on hold for 30 minutes and then hung up on me. When I called back, it put me on hold another 20 minutes. When I mentioned all of this to the staff, they were rude and said that they are doing as the doctor instructs. I have to believe that if the doctor knew that this is costing him patients, he may change his process or staff. I've never experienced this level of incompetience in my life.If your in real pain, go somewhere else!

October 30th, 2014
Exceptional Doctor
Dr Valadie, in addition to being a one of a kind Surgeon, is a caring Physician. He is patient, answers all questions and never makes you feel rushed.

February 17th, 2014
No Doubt
As the son of a doctor and customer service professional, I can say Dr. Valadie, his staff, and Blake Medical Center are excellent in the total package. Going into surgery, I was totally at ease that everyone one looking out for what was best for me.

February 12th, 2014
After 7 months of (L) hip pain, due to misdiagnoses, I saw Dr. Alan Valadie. His accurate diagnosis of my Osteo-arthritic hip! and the need for total hip arthroplasty, set the stage for surgery. I have been pain free since immediately after the surgery... I mean even in the recovery room. I was a out of bed just hours after the surgery, and home 2 days later... All pain free! He has my vote as BEST Orthopedic surgeon in West Central Florida.

February 4th, 2014
BILATERAL HIP REPLACEMENT ( ANTERIOR PROCEDURE )
BILATERAL HIP REPLACEMENTS ARE UNCOMMON. DR ALAN VALADIE AGREED TO DO MY PROCEDURE AND IMMEDIATELY POST-OP I WAS AND REMAIN PAIN FREE. MY RECOVERY AND REHAB WERE THE VERY BEST. I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER AND RECOMMEND DR VALADIE WITHOUT RESERVATION. HE IS THE VERY BEST ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON FOR HIP REPLACEMENTS! HE WAS RECOMMENDED TO ME BY MY PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN AND THAT RECOMMENDATION WAS EXCELLENT. 4 OF 4 STARS.

August 20th, 2013
Dr. Valadie gave me my life back. Today is the anniversary of my double hip replacement. I now enjoy an active pain free life. I can dance and even paddle board. He is through compassionate and skilled. I have reccomended him to others including my daughter who had the same great results. I live three hours away. It was worth the trip.

June 12th, 2013
As a nurse we tend to know the best doctors and Dr. Alan Valadie IS the BEST! I chose him to give me a total knee replacement and it's the best decision I ever made!!! He truly is the BEST!!!

September 11th, 2012
Total hip replacement
My wife & I have been patients since the mid '90's. Dr. Alan Valadie replaced both of my wife's knees,repaired the meniscus in my knee & replaced my hip. Obviously we are very pleased with him, his PA, Rob Nixon,his staff & his facility. We highly recommend him without any reservations.

August 11th, 2012
very caring
Dr. Valadie's diagnosis was spot on. I had gone to 3 orthopedic surgeons to get the right diagnosis. My recovery time was only 6 weeks. I love his staff. Wish I had a doctor for all my ailments like him. Would and have referred patients to him

May 24th, 2012
My kids have seen him for multiple broken bones. He is VERY highly regarded by the Operating Room staff at Blake Medical Center.