Dr. Alan Villavicencio MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

June 14th, 2016
Avoid him..... Go elsewhere.
Horrible egotistic Dr.! Told me I must have anxiety when in fact I had a tumor entangled in my nerves.

April 1st, 2016
Back Surgery - fusion
I saw Dr. V 3 years ago. He said I wasn't ready for surgery yet. I continued with the cordisone injections until they no longer worked for me. I then came back to see Dr. V and I had surgery 5 days later. The surgery and recovery have gone well. It has been less than 4 mos. and I am able to walk 2 miles a day and feeling better than I have for a long time.

March 6th, 2016
Thank You!
He saved/changed my life. His exceptional high standards are remarkable. He expects his staff and his patients to meet these standards. I work at strengthening my core everyday since surgery! In 2012 I could no longer take a step without pain, this month I finished a 15K ski race. His staff is also at the top tier of their profession. I highly recommend this team!

February 27th, 2016
Very happy!
I had a recent minimal invasive disc surgery with Dr. V and I must say that I am very pleased with the result. My back and left leg pain is so much improved and I went back to work in just a short time. As I have worked as a mechanic for almost 46 years you would think I'm done but I work with literally no pain and feel great! Thanks to Dr. V and his P.A. Alex.

January 15th, 2016
He did a great job on my surgery and gave me hope again.

December 4th, 2015
The results of my spinal fusion surg. were excellent.

November 19th, 2015
Just say No! Your life may depend it!
Had brain surgery with this guy... I was left with a brain infection and screws forgotten in my brain. Horrible. I switched Doctors and ended up having 2 more brain surgeries.

September 23rd, 2015
What a jerk
Have never met a human being let alone a doctor that is as cold and rude as this man

July 22nd, 2015
Excellent Surgeon
An excellent doctor, with excellent follow up by a very competent P.A. I waited 22 years for back surgery; visited at least a half dozen doctors until I found Doctor V. He' serious - a neurosurgeon, not a politician - which is what I needed to be confident of a successful outcome. I couldn't be more pleased. Would trust my children with him.

April 14th, 2015
Worth the wait
It was tough getting in to see Dr. V but well worth the wait. I first met him several years ago after I saw multiple other doctors over the years, all of whom wanted to do massively invasive surgeries on me. Instead, Dr. V said don't have surgery yet. Instead he put me on a physical therapy and weight loss program. I got better for 5 YEARS. Finally my condition worsened and I developed pain again. He said, OK now you need surgery but he recommend against a big open surgery and instead did a minimally invasive outpatient surgery, watched me overnight and sent me home. Unbelieveable. I have been pain free since.

February 26th, 2015
Excellent Doc
I've seen probanly 10+ orthopeadic surgeons and neurosurgeons over 20+ years about my neck and back. This guy is one of the two best. The real thing. Neuros are often underrated by scoring systems that assign equal weight to surgical skill and bedside manner, which is ridiculous. This guy is underrated.

February 5th, 2015
Patient Care Coordinator from another practice
Very knowledgeable He helped me figure out my issues that was misdiagnosed by a spinal surgeon