Dr. Alan Vinitsky MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 6th, 2016
Dr. House in real life
My toddler had a systemic yeast issue that no one could cure. Dr. V got to the core and cured it instead of just treating symptoms. I trust him completely.

April 27th, 2016
Staff
Responding to staff, I've witnessed patients abusive to staff, there's no management. Staff must always be on defensive. Patients are one way with Dr Vinitsky, and treat staff like trash.

April 19th, 2016
He gave me a new hope for life. I can fix and ride motorcycles without fear of pulling over on the side of the road under some bridge with shade dying in agony from my migraines. I am referring all my friends and family to him because I cannot begin to explain the level of care, bedside manners all around best doc and trust me I've met over 25 doctors and he is like all the specialists wrapped in one package. I am kitty with joy knowing I have him to take care of me.

December 17th, 2015
Dr. V
Very, very knowledgeable and will take the time you need. He will perform tests that traditional docs do not, and quite frankly, no nothing about. His staff, however, are not warm or friendly at all. If you can deal with the cold environment of his staff, you will get great care from this doctor.

March 18th, 2015
The wait time is longer as the day goes by, but that usually means that your doctor takes the time to thoroughly care for his/her patients.

July 8th, 2013
One of the Best Lyme-literate Doctor on the East Coast
Yes, his staff could be more cooperative and helpful; yes, he most likely gives much of the same supplements to everyone; yes, he had some licensing issues before (he can explain that, and let me tell you, any worthwhile Lyme-literate MD probably will have some issues with either licensing or insurance --do your research]; and yes, unless you get the first appointment of the day, you may have a long wait (there's a reason for that -- HE DOES NOT RUSH THROUGH APPOINTMENTS). If you want a drive-by pediatrician to just write you a quick prescription after an even-quicker diagnosis, then find someone else. If you want a pediatrician/family doctor who will take the time to consider medical history, environmental exposures, nutritional deficiencies, and more, and then treat with proven nutritional protocols, etc., AND treat you as if you have a brain, you should give Dr. Vinitsky a try. Don't just judge him on the wait time, his staff or what appears to be a one-size-fits-all protocol. If you're lucky enough to get an appointment, you will leave feeling blessed. He is a rare find in a sea of mediocrity.

July 3rd, 2013
Misdiagnosis - Poorly run practice
I would not recommend Dr. Vinitsky. Diagnosed multiple ailments, ordered multiple and expensive and unnecessaty testing. Gave canned advice that was impossible to follow. Later i was quickly diagnosed by a different doc with condition Dr. Vinitsky totally missed but should have caught. He did spend lots of time with me but it was wasted. Would not recommend this doc.

June 27th, 2013
Great doctor, TERRIBLE support staff
Staff is incompetent and leaves patients hanging on the phone, forgetting to get back to call they placed on hold.

March 13th, 2013
He Saved My Life..year 2002-2005
I could not fine any doctors in Virginia that could help me. I lost the ability to walk, speak clearly or make much sence of what I was saying. I felt as if I was in a bad dream. I found Alan Vinitsky. Many tests later with some costing (insurance would not cover) close to $1,200 each. These test showed I had been exposed to dangerous pesticides. The combination of these pesticides was close to agent orange from my place of employment. Allen Vinitsky saved my life. I came back close to normal as I will ever get from the damage that was done. I know if I had not found Allen Vinitsky I would have died. This happened in 2002 -2005 at that time, his staff should have been fired and replace with people that care and know what they are doing.

November 19th, 2011
The Pulse on Dr. Vintsky
Dr. Vinitsky is professional, thourough, miticulous, empathetic,and is able to diagnosis and treat tough medical cases. He is a good educator, and has a brillant scientific mind. He developed a new nutritional program of treatment after some dialogue with Professor Dr. Martin Paul. Dr. Paul is a neurobiologist who proposed the NO/ONOO Theory which explain the so often misunderstood Chronic Disabling Diseases we see today. Dr. Vinitsky is on the cutting edgescientifically, constantly implimenting new therapies to assist his patients in recovery. He is "The Sherlock Holmes of Medicine"; always serching for the missing data, never stopping until he cracks the case. It is difficult to get an appointment becuase of the demand for his services. Waiting times in his office can be very long...but when he gets to you, he will take the time that is needed. Staff has the unique challenges of dealing with chronic, critically ill patients every day.

October 13th, 2011
Long Waits... Horrible Staff...
I took both of my kids to Dr. Vinitsky thinking that I would eventually switch to him as our pediatrician, but I quickly realized it would not be possible. If you make an appointment at the end of the day, the doctor is usually 3 to 4 hours late. My 3-year old cannot take waits that long. I was exhausted after that as well. Making an appointment at the beginning of the day is not a guarantee that you will be seen promply either - we waited at least an hour with no other patients there. The staff is extremenly disorganized. There seem to be some feuds going on there. Sometimes their phone will not be turned back on for hours after lunch or seem to be disconnected. It's a paint to get a refil approved because either their fax does not work or the nurse is too busy. They would never be able to operate like any other pediatrician's office where they need to fit patients in the same day. The appointments are long as well, but at least half of the time is spent on typing info into the computer. The doctor does not take my insurance, so paying $350 an hour for him updating his records seems excessive. I cannot really say how effective he is because we only had about 5 visits. I am a little unhappy about the fact that he did not take a good look at my younger one with eczema. Maybe if he did, he would have noticed that he had a staph infection as well. He seems to prescribe the same supplements to everyone. I have given up on seeing him and dealing with his staff.

July 27th, 2011
Mixed
Dr V is very knowledgable but he does a lot of alternative testing which is disclosed up front that he is not sure what insurance will pay for. However, one test - I was told by staff I would have to submit and that they had given the info to the lab - but the lab claims no insurance company will accept this test and I had to pay over $400 out of pocket. I opted not to do other tests for the reason that they may not be covered and I could not afford the more than $1200 out of pocket for these tests - asside from the $400. Seems very unorganized how they go about doing it - why not do it by process of elimination so that it is not so much out of pocket for the patient. Most people cannot afford this amount. I'll end up driving up my already high credit card to pay for this as I'm sure insurance won't pay for the dr visit completely either. I almost cancelled my apmnt as I anticipated this judging from the website but did not - and now have to go back to follow up which will cost more $. I understand a business but this cost is amazingly high and could be handled differently for the patient's best interest first and business interest 2nd. Many of the tests will be negative - why do them until you rule out other things first.