Obstetrician & Gynecologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Judy's Book.
Horrible show details Horrible
Mar 9th, 2015

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Let's start with the deplorable office. Dirty, outdated, torn up couches, stained carpets, not kidding it is gross. It is shared with an eye doctor god knows what his story is. Staff has not idea what is going on, one was sleeping on the couch and the rest complaining that the doctor was off the wall to us. Went on two separate occasions with appointments. Waited 3 hours first time then left. Second time waited 2 hours for a sonogram. Never saw doctor. He dresses with shirt hanging out, overweight, just disheveled. I won;t even get into the other patients we saw waiting there many of whom left after a 2-3 hour wait. NYU Birthing center office is right next to his. Eight great doctors, professional staff, clean, A go there instead. Alan Berger should be ashamed to even offer medical services with old outdated equipment and so on. He needs to clean up his act. If you think this review is over top I urge you to go check it out it is like an episode of cops. At the very least it will be an eye opener.

by Lauren Urban on Dec 19th, 2014

Dr. Berger delivered my son 3 years ago. I'd switched to him from another ob/gyn practice very late into my pregnancy because I was very uncomfortable and unhappy with the care I was receiving there. Dr. Berger immediately put me at ease, and I was completely comfortable with the care I received from his staff and his office.

Jan 16th, 2014

Dr Berger is an excellent dr with an excellent personality - the new offices are very nice & the staff is also very nice & friendly I highly recommend him

Nice doctor but horrible telephone service show details Nice doctor but horrible telephone service
Feb 22nd, 2013

Impossible to reach this doctor because his answering service won't take messages on his behalf. This is the second time this has happened. He is a nice doctor, but trying to leave him a message is impossible.

Jun 13th, 2012

I've been going to Dr. Berger since he started practicing, he has delivered both of my children and I can't recommend him highly enough. He's knowledgeable with a great bedside manner.

Nov 8th, 2011

I love Dr. Berger, I know longer use him cause I moved upstate but he delivered both my daughters and him and his brother did my tubal ligation. He is an awesome Dr and I recommend him to everybody I know.

Amazing Office show details Amazing Office
Jul 8th, 2011

Dr. Alan delivered my first child, and my experience with him has always been open, caring and understanding. He was always on top of everything that needed to be done. His brother Dr. Mark is always in the office, making sure at least one of them is there. Dr. Mark is the best OB/GYN I have come across, he is more straight to the point then Dr. Alan, but is great. I am now going through issues, and both Drs. have been great, and easy to work with. They make you feel at ease about things.The office isn't the most modern or well maintained but the Doctors are the best. Office staff can seem a little stand-offish and rude, but they are wonderful once they get to know you. I wouldnt change OBs unless I moved or they quit. Amazing gentlemen and Amazing doctors.

Love the Doctor, not the office show details Love the Doctor, not the office
May 31st, 2011

Dr. Alan Berger is one of the best OB GYN's in NYC and has a great bedside manner, excellent clinical skills and is well respected at NYU. His office is very busy and sometimes doesn't follow up on phone calls. I find that that is such a shame for such a great doctor.

Feb 14th, 2011

Amazing, caring & extremely knowledgeable...

by rubabega on Aug 15th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Very friendly staff, Dr. Marc Berger is very professional and helpful! Before I came to this clinic, every OB/GYN visit and phone call made me feel worse and worse - with the hours and hours of waiting, tiny waiting rooms, unfriendly staff, and just th

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Fantastic Murray Hill clinic show details Fantastic Murray Hill clinic
by rubabega at Citysearch on Aug 15th, 2007 on citysearch.com

Very friendly staff, Dr. Marc Berger is very professional and helpful!

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Alan Berger, MD -- a wonderful doctor show details Alan Berger, MD -- a wonderful doctor
by Liba S. at Judy`sBook on Apr 3rd, 2006 on judysbook.com

Dr. Alan Berger is not only a good doctor, but a wonderful person. He takes the time to sit and talk to you. He makes you feel more comfortable in what could be a very uncomfortable situation. He also returns calls quite promptly when yo...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com