Internists, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs), Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

500 E Olive Ave
Ste 850
Burbank, Burbank, CA 91501
818-841-9486
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Outstanding doctor  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2013

I have known Dr Rubin both as a patient and a colleague for over 15 years. He was an outstanding doctor and a great man who did a great job taking care of his patients. He was very smart and had an incredible foresight. He was a kind and gentle man that touched many lives and all of those who came in contact with him are better for it. He will be sorely missed as a friend, as a doctor and as a colleague.

|  He's wonderful and tells it like it is... Love how real he is!!!!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

although it can be a bit frustrating to get thru on the phone to schedule an appointment, his nurse jasmine always returns my call when she gets my msg from the answering service.The wait at the office can be pretty long at times, but HE'S A WONDERFUL DOC, who spends all the time necessary with each individual. Don't we all want that? I mean comment sense others wait when his with you in a room so wait for your turn, he's all worth it.... He makes all the necessary phone calls to other physicians to get you to the right place to further treat your medical condition. I highly recommend this KNOWLEDGEABLE DOCTOR!!!! all the bad reviews here seem to come from selfish inpatient people.... Oh and boring...for those who think he's strange.... His sense of humor is cute.... Different!.... Not many like him!!! All doctors who I've visited in the past literally just come in and out of the room, but of course don't forget to bill! Dr. Rubin is nothing like the others, one time I didn't have cash on me to pay my co-pay (cause they don't take cards) so he told the staff to leave it for next visit, and the next visit he said "don't worry about it" NO ONE EVER DOES THAT!!! He KNOWS SOOoOOoOoOoOoooo MUCH!!!!:0)

May 2nd, 2012

This M.D is not only strange, but deficient in caring and in ethics. Doctor does not return patient's calls and lies, while encouraging his staff to do the same. The staff changes radically as well. Apparently, this doctor had a girlfriend who was drug addicted and ruined his practice, which he could have done all by himself.

|  Poor Staff  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

The staff at this office is horrible. They don't answer phone calls and don't call back. After an entire week of calling at various hours and getting no one, I drove there. And what a surprise there is no staff for that doctor working in the mornings.

|  CAN NOT GET AN APPOINTMENT!!  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

I have gone to see Dr. Rubin several times over the years for checkups. He seems very knowledgeable and treated me in a professional and courteous manner. Unfortunately, my most recent experience has frustrated me to the point of writing this review in the hopes that it prevents others from having to deal with this same frustration. I have been trying to schedule a simple, yearly checkup appointment for almost a week now and have yet to even speak to an actual person at his office. I have called every day at varying times and each and every time an answering service answers the phone and tells me his office is unavailable at the moment and could she please take a message. I have left a message each and every time and am still waiting for my promised return phone call. I was told today that unless it was an emergency they would not be able to reach the doctor directly and all they would be able to do was leave another message and hope I get a call back. Last time I checked "hope" should not be a part of whether or not I can speak to my own primary care physician. At this point obviously my plan is to replace this doctor as no matter how competent and knowledgeable he is if his practice is to not return phone calls or operate with even a small amount of professional courtesy than what good is having a knowledgeable but unusable doctor.Mr. Dinelli

|  good guy  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

I have been with Dr. Rubin for over 12 years, in fact, when I had a major stroke 10 years ago, he saved my life. He does have an odd sense of humor, but for my money he is the best there is. IF YOU WANT THE BEST CARE YOU CAN GET FOR YOUR MONEY AND PEACE OF MIND..... This is your man.Sincerely,Darlyn Young BoyleI have to say that the person who says staff never returns calls if correct, so I just keep calling, part of the problem is that they are really busy. But in the end it all works out. Yes he is jaded & sarcastic. But he know his stuff and that is all that counts!!! If he ever decides to retire or move I am going to be in big trouble. There are HARDLY ANY DOCTORS WHO HAVE HIS KNOWLEDGE AND SMARTS. WE LOVINGLY CALL HIM THE *WITCH DOCTOR* HE ALSO IS NOT ***COLD*** I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT HE CARES ABOUT ALL HIS PATIENTS.

|  smart, but jaded and sarcastic  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2011

staff never returns calls, doctor doesn't believe in using internet to expedite authorizations, doctor is a bit cynical and cold.

by Ted Kenessey on Feb 14th, 2011

Dr. Rubin is a no-nonsence Docter whohas tremendous knowledge of Illness.I really feel that he truly treats the CAUSE.I have been with him 20 years and hope he will be around for many years to come.

by Steve T. on Dec 28th, 2009

The more times I see him the more confidence I have in him. Most of the times I have had an appt. with Dr. Rubin there was excessive wait time - over an hour. This time the wait time was brief.