Dr. Alan Wagner Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan Wagner?

November 13th, 2016

The scariest words I ever heard were, “you have a detached retina and could lose your sight in that eye.” The best thing that happened was being treated by Dr. Wagner. Skilled, competent, knowledgeable but he keeps it light. Explains things in layman’s terms, but is reassuring with his bedside manner. Extremely good outcome; imagine my pleasure to be back on the shooting range and to hear my spotter ask me to pick a new bullseye because there are too many holes and he can’t see additional hits!

October 16th, 2016

Was going blind...

Referred to see Dr. Wagner emergently. They were great. World class care. Really nice people. They helped were me all the way through getting my sight back. Never had such a positive experience with a doctor before. I was scared to death, and they took the time to help me calm down, and get better.

September 21st, 2015

OUTSTANDING Came in at 0100 to help me

May 18th, 2015

The best in town

Dr. Wagner and Dr. Kapoor are the best retina doctors in town. I didn't think my sight could be saved until I began going to their practice. Everyone is really nice and cares about you.

December 30th, 2014

Great appointment!

October 3rd, 2014

AMAZING DOCTOR!

Dr. Wagner is the most caring, compassionate Doctor in our area! He's very friendly and explains things in terms that can be understood by anyone. Mr Hanna is 101 years old, has dementia but Dr. Wagner treats him as if he's fine. Usually comes in singing or joking, we love that about him! My husband Thomas is also a patient there. Keep up the great work Dr. Wagner!!

November 20th, 2012

Great Office experience

I love the Wagner Macula & Retina Center.The staff is smart, friendly and made me very comfortable. I would recommend him to anyone with an eye issue, he is a really smart Doctor!!!The new Chesapeake location is beautiful

October 1st, 2012

Excellent Doctor and Staff

Never waited more than an hour for my testing and monthly Macular Degeneration injection by Dr Wagner. I would wait longer if necessary for his kindness and expertise in his field of Ophthamatry. My wife also utilize his services.

March 19th, 2012

Dr. Wagner is Great!!!

Dr. Wagner and his team are wonderful. World class treatment and care.. i wouldnt go anywhere else...

February 17th, 2012

Marvin T Childress

I had a deep vein rupture in my left eye. Dr. Wagner searched and found just where the problem was and took immediate action. HE SAVED MY EYESIGHT IN THAT EYE. I will highly recommend him to anyone who needs his service. He is a very clean cut individual. I just had a shot in that eye today.

August 13th, 2011

Very Long Wait Time

Everytime I see this doctor, I have to plan for a very long wait time. Obviously he books too manny patients. This week there were 8 patients ahead of me when I arrived on time for my appointment. I asked the receptionist if he was running on time when I got there and she told me "yes"! I waited nearly 2 hours and saw Dr. Wagner for 5 minutes! Also didn't catch a problem I had that ended up causeing permanant sight impairment. Am switching doctors.

December 16th, 2010

Great doctor with a lousy staff

Dr. Wagner has a nice manner, is friendly, and very competent. The problem is that is staff is rude, thoughtless, and seemingly incompetent at times. When I took my mother for her first appt, we waited nearly 2 hours to see him. The staff shuttled us around like a couple of objects. They were unfriendly and noncommunicative. They didn't seem to want to take the time to introduce themselves and explain the procedures that they were performing. My mother was scared as she was afraid of losing her eyesight. The staff acted like she was a intrusion in their otherwise easy day. Dr. Wagner spent about 8 minutes with her after the very long wait. It looks like they really overbook patients and don't care how long the resulting wait is.