Excellent, caring, detailed orientated show details Excellent, caring, detailed orientated
by Dawn Sandve on May 21st, 2016

My efforts to be well went on for many years before I was referred to Dr. Wein by an excellent urologist practicing in NJ who was one of his former students. Up until I found her I had had numerous doctors tell me "they didn't believe me." One even waved my chart in my face with disgust while others dismissed my symptoms as "anxiety." To make a long story short, Dr. Wein saved my life. Just three months after two other urologists, a nephrologist and a cardiologist wrote off my problems as anxiety and the "lobulization" on my right kidney as "inflammation", Dr. Wein preformed a successful partial nephrectomy on my right kidney where he removed a plum sized Chromophobe renal cell carcinoma. He caught it "at the point where these things start to cause trouble" and felt it should've been caught earlier. Yes, I had to wait hours during my first visit with Dr Wein but that was because he was reading my entire history which he commented on during my exam. Since then, my wait times have been no more than five or ten minutes. Dr. Wein may seem to be the ultimate professional and thereby quite distant, but after six years of close follow up with Dr Wein and his excellent staff I can honestly say that while he is at the very top of his game he is not distant in the least. He cares for his patients deeply and wants them to do well. When he reviews my chart he does so quietly and thoroughly. He's a man of few words and great insight. He expects his staff to be at their best and they are. I see his assistant, Bernice McPherson every six months and only have the highest praise for her. Dr. Wein has a system in place which utilizes support personnel to conduct follow up visits which allows this excellent doctor to reach more people than he could see without them. I am now cancer free and doing well. I'm still being closely followed by Dr Wein and his staff and will be for the rest of my life. Anyone who is able to be seen and treated by Dr. Wein is lucky. And for someone like me who was dismissed by so many other doctors and specialists, may even be alive today because of this wonderful Doctor! I would give him ten stars if I could!

Dr. Alan Wein Review show details Dr. Alan Wein Review
by KW on Oct 8th, 2015

We went to Dr. Wein for treatment of my husband's prostate cancer. The reviews we had heard was that his bedside manor was not good, but that his skill was unmatched. We found that his bedside manner was really good and very caring. He took the time to explain everything and was very focused on the conversations at all times. We never felt rushed, and he was extremely attentive as well as his office staff being organized and friendly. Do not always listen to reviews, everyone has a different personality, so they match up differently. My husband is cancer free thanks to Dr. Wein. He is an extremely talented surgeon, one of the world's best in his field. It is hard to find anything to say negatively. He is the best.

Dec 7th, 2011

One of the most arrogant doctors I've ever encountered. I sat in the waiting room for 2 1/2 hours past my appointment time before Dr. Wein saw me. When I voiced my displeasure, his attitude was that I should be thankful he's seeing me at all.

The Best In His Field show details The Best In His Field
by Joe Brusco on Apr 2nd, 2008

Dr Wein clearly knows his field of expertise and deserves the designation of "Top Doc". His treatment of my condition went extremely well and he fully explained all aspects of his diagnosis and treatment plan with my wife and me in advance. I felt very comfortable in his care.