inactive

Alan J Weinstein MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 20th, 2016
This doctor has a hard time refilling scripts. Sent in for 50 refills which medicare denied as too many then sent in a script to the wrong Safeway, as per the pharmacist Medicare part B needs to have it sent to the pharmacy that is going to make the refill. I informed him of his mistakes and what I got back was inform him 2 weeks in advance when I need a refill (50 refills Lol) then they should be able to transfer the script (wrong Safeway). Never did get it straightened out and had to pay out of pocket for what I needed. Do not trust him with your health care needs! Would give him negative readings if possible.

December 3rd, 2015
Great staff and A extremely well rounded and knowledgeable endocrinologist !!!

August 26th, 2015
Took time to explain to me my diagnosis (thyroid cancer), helped me understand all treatment choices and explained everything to my husband

January 13th, 2014
Really helped get my thyroid under control. amanda is great, very helpful and professional. strongly recommend

January 4th, 2014
Waste of money
I decided to see an endo after a few years of hypothyroid treatment from primary care office. I made the wrong choice. $200 to be told to request old lab results myself (isn't this what your staff does?) and then he just rambled through the online questionnaire I took prior to visit. The exam took maybe 2 minutes and he talked the whole time about unrelated subject. Off to bloodwork which was posted online within couple of days. Didn't hear back after week so I sent a msg which he responded maybe w week later and said he didn't get all of my previous test results. Planning on doing anything about that doc? Apparently not. He then chatted a few times back and forth where he made suggestions that were in contradiction to info I provided him. I got the rest of the records to him a week later and have never heard back. That was well over 3 weeks ago. Wasted my money and have nothing to show for my visit other than frustration.

September 17th, 2013
Dr. A J Weinstein
I had read some older reviews prior to scheduling an appointment with Dr. Weinstein and it was apparent that his old staff was not quite up to the task. I had my first appointment and was very pleased to find that Dr. Weinstein was extremely personable and friendly. Took the time explain things to me and had a fantastic attention to detail. I was pleased to find that I could review my test results online the day following the tests. I am very pleased with the choice that made in selecting Dr. Weinstein.

August 28th, 2013
Great Dr. He gave me advice on treating my type 1 diabetes by making changes in my insulin delivery that made sense to me. He gave detailed explanation and made sure that I had a clear under standing of the changes and treatment plan . The staff along with Dr. Weinstein made me feel very welcomed. I have recommended him to several people .

August 7th, 2013
a real doctor
Just transferred from my old endo and sorry I didnt do it sooner. i just left the office and feel like this is the first time I've been thoroughly examined and had things explained to me.

July 31st, 2013
hooray!
My cousin recommended Dr. Weinstein and I travelled quite a long distance to see him. It was SO WORTH IT! I had seen two other endocrine doctors for my Grave's disease and neither of them ever explained anything to me. They just gave me pills without any information and told me I needed surgery. Dr. Weinstein spent the time with me to go over my options including surgery and radioactive active and the pros and cons of both. In other words, he talked to me like a person. He actually sat me in his office before and after examining me to discuss everything in detail. Staff is wonderful and caring too. Highly recommend!

July 29th, 2013
The BEST Doctor!
Dr. Weinstein is the best Endo doctor I have ever been to! He really knows his stuff. I have been his patient for 3 years. The people who are writing about his old office at Centura are right, it was awful, his staff was indeed horrible. Now that he is in his new practice and has hired his own staff, they are awesome!!! Dr. W is all about patient care, one reason he left Centura I am sure. The staff that Centura had in his office were some of the worst I have ever seen! I saw him the first week he opened his new office in April, and again in July. The new office is great!

June 22nd, 2013
thank goodness!
Finally, Someone took the time to review my records, actually listen to what I had to say and make me feel like they knew how to handle my condition. After bouncing around a bunch of different specialists who spent 10 minutes with me, it was refreshing to feel like someone took the time to hear me and care about me.

February 18th, 2013
Never reach anybody on phone and they don't return calls
I have run out of insulin and other supplies because when I call in a prescription I never get a hold of anybody. I do leave voice mail but they must never listen to their voicemail because my prescriptions don't get filled and they never call me back. Just to let you know when I ran out of insulin I called a month before I ran out and my blood sugar got very high, it was a very bad situation. As a diabetic we can't skip insulin even if we don't eat. I stopped going to him and just went to a family physician and this doctor has helped me more than Alan. I recently received a letter in the mail and it stated that Alan will no longer be at this location. I guess his bad practices has finally caught up with him.