Endocrinologist
10103 Ridgegate Pkwy
Ste 203
Lone Tree, CO 80124
720-282-2288
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 2.6190476190476 of 4 stars
by lynne a. on Jan 13th, 2014

Really helped get my thyroid under control. amanda is great, very helpful and professional. strongly recommend

|  Waste of money  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2014

I decided to see an endo after a few years of hypothyroid treatment from primary care office. I made the wrong choice. $200 to be told to request old lab results myself (isn't this what your staff does?) and then he just rambled through the online questionnaire I took prior to visit. The exam took maybe 2 minutes and he talked the whole time about unrelated subject. Off to bloodwork which was posted online within couple of days. Didn't hear back after week so I sent a msg which he responded maybe w week later and said he didn't get all of my previous test results. Planning on doing anything about that doc? Apparently not. He then chatted a few times back and forth where he made suggestions that were in contradiction to info I provided him. I got the rest of the records to him a week later and have never heard back. That was well over 3 weeks ago. Wasted my money and have nothing to show for my visit other than frustration.

|  Worst Diabetes Dr I have ever had  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2013

This is by far the worst Dr I have ever had in the 19 years I have had type 1 Diabetes. His staff is just as unprofessional as him, every time I have been there I had to call repeatedly to get my A1C results which took over a week to get each time. His staff even has problems refilling prescriptions..I am only writing this review because I have finally had enough of his staff. I put in a prescription refill request a week ago and was contacted the day I put it in, his nurse contacted me asking what pharmacy I wanted the prescription to go to (I actually thought maybe they're turning the place around because I they contacted me the first day). Well over a week later and they NEVER sent my prescription now it is the weekend and I have practically no insulin. I will NEVER go back to him and I would NEVER recommend him to anyone EVER. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DR!!!!

|  Dr. A J Weinstein  |  show details
by John T on Sep 17th, 2013

I had read some older reviews prior to scheduling an appointment with Dr. Weinstein and it was apparent that his old staff was not quite up to the task. I had my first appointment and was very pleased to find that Dr. Weinstein was extremely personable and friendly. Took the time explain things to me and had a fantastic attention to detail. I was pleased to find that I could review my test results online the day following the tests. I am very pleased with the choice that made in selecting Dr. Weinstein.

by Sue on Aug 28th, 2013

Great Dr. He gave me advice on treating my type 1 diabetes by making changes in my insulin delivery that made sense to me. He gave detailed explanation and made sure that I had a clear under standing of the changes and treatment plan . The staff along with Dr. Weinstein made me feel very welcomed. I have recommended him to several people .

|  a real doctor  |  show details
by frank w on Aug 7th, 2013

Just transferred from my old endo and sorry I didnt do it sooner. i just left the office and feel like this is the first time I've been thoroughly examined and had things explained to me.

|  hooray!  |  show details
by Barbara on Jul 31st, 2013

My cousin recommended Dr. Weinstein and I travelled quite a long distance to see him. It was SO WORTH IT! I had seen two other endocrine doctors for my Grave's disease and neither of them ever explained anything to me. They just gave me pills without any information and told me I needed surgery. Dr. Weinstein spent the time with me to go over my options including surgery and radioactive active and the pros and cons of both. In other words, he talked to me like a person. He actually sat me in his office before and after examining me to discuss everything in detail. Staff is wonderful and caring too. Highly recommend!

|  The BEST Doctor!  |  show details
by D. Bourne on Jul 29th, 2013

Dr. Weinstein is the best Endo doctor I have ever been to! He really knows his stuff. I have been his patient for 3 years. The people who are writing about his old office at Centura are right, it was awful, his staff was indeed horrible. Now that he is in his new practice and has hired his own staff, they are awesome!!! Dr. W is all about patient care, one reason he left Centura I am sure. The staff that Centura had in his office were some of the worst I have ever seen! I saw him the first week he opened his new office in April, and again in July. The new office is great!

|  thank goodness!  |  show details
by Linda on Jun 22nd, 2013

Finally, Someone took the time to review my records, actually listen to what I had to say and make me feel like they knew how to handle my condition. After bouncing around a bunch of different specialists who spent 10 minutes with me, it was refreshing to feel like someone took the time to hear me and care about me.

|  Never reach anybody on phone and they don't return calls  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2013

I have run out of insulin and other supplies because when I call in a prescription I never get a hold of anybody. I do leave voice mail but they must never listen to their voicemail because my prescriptions don't get filled and they never call me back. Just to let you know when I ran out of insulin I called a month before I ran out and my blood sugar got very high, it was a very bad situation. As a diabetic we can't skip insulin even if we don't eat. I stopped going to him and just went to a family physician and this doctor has helped me more than Alan. I recently received a letter in the mail and it stated that Alan will no longer be at this location. I guess his bad practices has finally caught up with him.

by jennifer on Jan 19th, 2013

Best endocrinologist I've ever seen, no contest

|  Not for a brittle diabetic  |  show details
Nov 6th, 2012

I've been a brittle Type I diabetic for over 20 yrs now, have had my share of endocrinologists, however I have NEVER had as many problems with past doctors as I have with this one. I ended up in an after hours clinic a couple of months ago JUST FOR A PRESCRIPTION OF INSULIN because he refuses to return phone calls and then today, my Minimed pump went out on me, and as always, it'll take 24 hrs for Minimed to replace the pump (expected). I called and left a message for a backup sliding scale and within 2 1/2 hrs received no response. Went to the clinic to find out the doctor was not even in the office, and he only has a medical assistant available for situations like this, whom has no idea how to work in a sliding scale nor can she call in a Rx for long acting insulin. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT go to this doctor!!

Oct 15th, 2012

I gotta agree with the person and what they said on May 10,2012. It is a one sided office and if you are not on the other side than basically they don't care about what you have to say and feel.I had to play phone tag for several weeks to actually get an appointment. Bad service and No respect!!!!!!!

May 11th, 2012

Office Staff were the worst ever. Total arrogance. SHould of known when i was handed a piece of paper with their "guidelines" and the second paragraph goes on about treating their patients with respect but that they won't tolerate direspectful behaviour and that it will result in immediate discharge. Guess what? You are not respectful of patients at all! If you have to point it out then perhaps it has something to do with the fact you and your office staff are rude, manipulative, arrogant and totally disrespectful of patients!Don't go here!

|  Excellent choice  |  show details
by Michelle on Oct 6th, 2008

Dr. Weinstein has been my Endocrinologist for the past 2 1/2 years. He is attentive, professional and very knowledgeable. Dr. Weinstein is very involved in his patients' well-being. He is an excellent choice if you're seeking a well-rounded, caring and down-to-earth doctor in the White Plains, NY areas