Dermatologists
Med Assoc Of Monroe Cty
239 E Brown St
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
570-421-1009
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Terrible  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2014

Dr. Westheim is rude and arrogant. His staff follows his lead. It is very unfortunate that he is the only show in town. My latest unpleasant experience was regarding my son with an acne problem. His prescriptions were out, and because he hadn't seen the doctor in the past twelve months, the staff REFUSED to submit for refill until he came back in for a doctor visit. Get this...couldn't get an appointment for over a month!!! Meanwhile my son's complexion was breaking out, and he scars easily from the blemishes. To make matters worse, the pharmacy called in the prescription to his office a week plus ago, and the office never got back to the pharmacy. This was further exacerbated by my wife calling his office last week as well, and the office never got back to my wife either. Then I called during office hours yesterday...no answer and I left let's say a firm message. Finally today, I get a call back at 3pm. Absolutely no compassion for my son's condition. I called a local walk-in clinic this afternoon...they will see my son this evening and said they will very likely fill the prescriptions needed. Very disgusted with the Westheim practice!!!

|  Excellent diagnostic skills  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2013

Title of review says it all.

|  pleasantly surprised after reading reviews...  |  show details
by Shannan B. on Jun 17th, 2013

I was scheduled to see Dr. Westheim by my regular doctor for an itchy rash. After returning home I went online to search for reviews before my appointment the next morning. I read as many of you probably have the various and conflicting experiences. I went into the appointment with an open mind and not having any previous experience with Dr. Westheim or any of his staff. This is what I observed after two recent visits... His office is busy. Waiting time was between 10 and 15 minutes with an addittiinal 10-15 minutes in the room. Staff was friendly but not overly so. If you are looking for a place to visit or make friends, this is not the place. They insist you wear a gown which I was I initially upset about because the rash was on my stomach and could have been easily treated with lifting my shirt. The nurse was not negotiating with me about the gown. Then Dr. Westheim came in. He was pleasant and kind. He didn't seem to be chatty but it was more of a personality trait than personal. He was also thorough and found an unexpected growth between my shoulder blades. (Which would have been missed if I had my way without the gown) That little growth he took a biopsy of and said he would call with the results. He didn't waste time chatting but was also very nice. And, since the amount of the appointmemt depends partially on the length of time he spends with you, my wallet was quite thankful he didn't waste my time with useless chatter. 10 Days later I got a call from Dr Westheim with my results. He first asked about my children and that surprised me that he remembered in the short time we had spent together. He then said that I had a basal cell carcinoma and sceduled my appointment to take care of it. I had my follow up visit today and had the carcinoma removed. Again, his staff was nice. I found Dr. Westheim to be very kind and thorough. I will recommend him and see him for any upcoming needs for a dermatologist. And, that same nurse that stood her ground with me about the gown also gave me a shot in my rump for my rash. I didn't feel a thing. And, I learned that just because she stood her ground with me disnt mean that she wasn't a friendly and capable nurse. She was. I hope this was helpful in weeding through the various reviews.

|  Professional and Caring  |  show details
by Chris L. on Mar 25th, 2013

I am thankful for the compassionate professionalism of Alan Westheim. I felt truly cared for and and listened to, any fear I had about my condition was quickly put to rest and the treatment well taken care of.

Mar 12th, 2013

I have currently changed my dermatologist from Dr. Westheim to someone down in Allentown, PA. This is so worth the trip. Dr. Westheim is took quick to dismiss your concerns as not being creditable. He is always in and out of the room before you even get to ask the questions you need to - and if you do ask them he just gives you a quick answer and dismisses you - like you have wasted his time.

|  Cancel appts and they still bill you  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

Most unprofessional office I have ever dealt with. I canceled my appt and they still sent me a bill for missing appt and every month they send me a bill plus $10 billing fee every month. I am getting ready to start billing them for my time and harrassment.

Sep 4th, 2011

In my opinion he is a quack. I have only heard one person I know speak well of him as a dr. My own personal experience was disasterous and I am still undiagnosed 10 years later, I feel his misdiagnoses, caused other physicians to ignore my concerns.

|  A GOOD EXPERIENCE  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

I found Dr. Westheim to be competent and professional. The waiting time is superb with an average of 10 minutes or less.I suppose he could be a chattier fellow but doctor visits are not social events. I personally prefer an accomplished physician who is direct and to the point rather than a fare-thee-well chap who does not know what he is doing.Keep up the good work, Dr. Westheim. You made a lifetime patient out of me. Thanks for your care. I'll see you in six months.

|  Seek treatment elsewhere  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2010

I was shocked at Dr. Westheim's lack of bedside manner and professionalism. He could not figure out the source of my skin condition and rather than admit it, he dared to insinuate that I was causing it on purpose! Please don't waste your time here. Go to the Lehigh Valley or Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. It might be a longer trip, but you'll find competent doctors with up-to-date equipment. You won't find that in Dr. Westheim's office.

Mar 9th, 2010

I asked for an immed. appt as I suspected Lymes Disease and I have had it once before. After my initial visit for this to last visit/phone call, he failed to diagnose that I had Lyme's Disease after a punch biopsy and finally a blood test that I insisted upon. Both indicated Lyme's present but even then he said without seeing prior blood results, he did not see the significance to start treating me. MY primary physician immed. put me on antibiotics after seeing both results faxed to him. He wasted six valuable weeks. I am now awtg appts with a new Dermatologist and a new Internal Specialist.

Apr 11th, 2009

Dr.Westheim failed to diagnose a skin problem that had already been diagnosed by 2 previous dermatologists that I had seen in N.Y.C.Did not bother to take a sample of my skin to view under a microscope,which would have shown what I had and could have medicated me accordingly.Instead he told me it was "nerves."Having worked there,I also witnessed many contageous diseases but exam rooms were never disinfected afterward.