Dr. Alan Yao Is this you?

2.6

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Alan Yao?

Not worth it. Substandard patient care by staff.

Posted on June 8th, 2017

Doctor is OK but the staff is TERRIBLE. Let's see, forgot to send prescription to the pharmacy, forgot to tell you to use enema before hemorrhoid operation, forgot to tell you to stop using prior prescription after hemorrhoid operation, and, instead of calling out name on the check in sheet, and look up wrong record and called wrong name while patient keep waiting for 30 minutes. You have to ask the staff to clarify things and then they give you the altitude and make you feel stupid. They rented big space in Flushing and has to book as many visits/operations as possible to pay rent and compromise on patients care.

Posted on January 12th, 2017

Don't get the right treatment fast 50

Believe what you read! It's no better at his office in Huntington!!

Posted on April 1st, 2016

They'll get you an appointment just fine. But that's it. Waited at the front desk for 10 minutes before being greeted and told where to sign in. The girls at the front desk were aloof. The PA was obnoxious, cold, and clearly put off when she asked why the blood pressure was high. I told her ibuprophen was the cause of the high blood pressure. She said it wasn't. (look it up people...it does....) refused to look me in the eye after that and was clearly miserable filling out the rest of the note portion of the required fields. She was so flustered, she went to get the doctor...He came in and was fairly impatient. I didn't feel like he understood what he was there to do. (this was a consultation) He was interrupted 2 times by other staff members. One was an assistant trying to seat a patient in yes, my room by accident and another came in and said he had a phone call. He left...never to return!!! The office was overcrowded with people waiting in the tiny halls and there was not enough seating in the waiting area. The entire place was looking less than sanitary and items/instruments were left out. The procedure room had 4 beds and I was told that they do 4 at a time....this is a drive in clinic...and a lousy one at that. I would not send a cockroach there! I gave the experience 1 star but truly I give it no stars! I just wanted to make sure that this review got registered. There will be no follow up visit because I will not be getting my procedure done there. Dr. Yao-uch and his staff are extremely and clearly unhappy people. Do not bring anyone there you care about....in fact...don't bring anyone there you don't care about either...IT'S THAT BAD!!!!!!

Posted on September 21st, 2015

Unprofessional staffs,especially the person name Amanda & Ling. Impoliteness & discourtesy to the patient. Alot of patient already left because not well being treated.

Endoscopy

Posted on August 19th, 2015

Had the Bravo procedure during an endoscopy. Was not informed about the aftermath of this procedure. I usually read up on whatever procedure I'm having done and I'm sorry I didn't. The PA made it seem like a walk in the park. They insert a small capsule in your esophagus to check the acid level. I did not leave after the procedure because I was in pain. The waiting before and after a procedure is horrible. The place is not hygienic, no privacy and truly an assembly line. I'm thinking of going to the ER to have this capsule removed. Will get my biopsy results and not go back.

Worse clinic

Posted on June 7th, 2013

First the clinic is very dirty, the staff are not friendly if you are not Chinese the girls that take your blood pressure and draw blood don't even speak English so you wonder if they have any New York State license to practice medicine and you make a appointment to see the dr and is. The dr assistance that see you because the dr is never there I go to the office in flushing queens but never again

horrible service

Posted on February 23rd, 2013

my husband has been seeing the doctor for 6 years. We recently changed our insurance, called them 2 wks ago to send the prescription to new insurance. they said they will do it. no one did actually neither did they call us. Last thursday, we called them again, they said that we have to go to see the doctor before they can change the insurance. my husband is going to a business trip, there is no time for him to do this. my husband is running out of his medication, baraclude and viread. they are not medications that can be stopped. We called them three times today, still they didn't call the insurance company. If really any harm is done to us due to this, we will definitely send them to court.

The front desk service is bad.

Posted on October 25th, 2012

The doctors and staff in the diagnostic rooms are all good/nice. But the attitude of ladies/staff at the reception desk is awful. Especially the lady at Check-in, gave me the ETA to pick up my medical result, but she started typing the form when she saw me showed up and gave me some attitude said like she did not do anything wrong. After typing the form, she then throw the form to the side and said the doctor is on the phone, she cannot go in?!If she cannot meet the ETA at all, she should at least apology that she did not meet my expectation!!Instead, she just simply told me to pick up next day!It totally wasted my one hour lunch time and gas. Terrible!!

Posted on December 24th, 2011

There is no privacy for female patients doing colonoscopy in his office. ANYONE can watch!!

Posted on December 1st, 2010

If you have private insurance, don't go here. THe office is more like an assembly line.

Poor Bedside Manner

Posted on November 19th, 2010

Very bad bedside manner. He has no time for his patients, even if you're in need of urgent care.

Not one to depend on

Posted on November 12th, 2009

Unless your Chineese have fun waiting all day all night