Cardiologist (heart)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Nice office  |  show details
by Aaron R on Aug 1st, 2013

Great staff and office manager

|  Good doctor but office is run like a factory  |  show details
by Jack A. on Mar 30th, 2013

He is probably a fine doctor but is undermined by a poor office staff. He is hard to reach. Getting test results is like pulling teeth. We asked for records and were told it would cost $1 per page (or they would be sent for free to another doctor.) My wife was freezing after a stress test and they would not lend her a jacket which was sitting unused on a chair! We won't be going back.

|  RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS OFFICE!  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2012

New to Florida, I had attempted to become a patient of this office but no one returned my call. I had to call again & leave yet another automated message; THERE'S NO ONE TO SPEAK WITH THERE!They finally called, no apology, & I went to to the office to sign authorization to obtain my records from another doctor. 3 women sitting at the reception desk & NO ONE OFFERED TO HELP ME. I signed the papers & left with an appointment scheduled. No one even asked me what type of insurance I had!.. Not only was the appt. canceled at the last minute (understandably due to a med. emergency) but when I asked if my records had arrived, they rudely explained that it was MY responsibility to obtain them; THEY'RE THE ONES THAT SENT FOR MY RECORDS! They have no idea what's going on in their own tiny office of 2 doctors! NO WAY WOULD I ENTRUST MY HEALTH WITH THESE PEOPLE. I NEVER EVEN MET THE DOCTOR BUT THE OFFICE IS AN ADMINISTRATIVE NIGHTMARE SO NO MATTER HOW WONDERFUL HE MIGHT BE, I WAS CONVINCED THAT YOUR RECORDS, OR TEST RESULTS, WOULD BE "MISPLACED" BY THE INCOMPETENTS WORKING THERE....

|  I thought I was coming to a doctor office and i was treated like I was in the Army  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

I had an office visit today with Dr. Zelcer, the young man called me in the room like I was in the army. he spoke to me harsh and rude rushing me to come in the door. Once I got into the room, it was filthy with paper on the floor. I was not giving a cape to have my EKG DONE! I was told to lift up my blouse, most doctors offices I am giving a cape. Dr. Zelcer is a wonderful doctor but on the other hand the male nurse was horrible and rude.

|  Cares  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2012

He is very sharp, and very much in demand. He has always been there for me, even late at night.

Jun 5th, 2012

He stays on top of everything and takes time to call me back.

|  Brilliant but Impulsive  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

Excellent diagnostician. Lacks patience and very abrupt. Can be obnoxious as well as very sweet. Always seems to be under pressure and it reflects in his attitude towards his patients.

Feb 3rd, 2011

Very nice person and smart. Very good sense of humor. He put me at ease.

|  Very helpful  |  show details
by Al C on Oct 27th, 2010

The office staff is very good and they are very organized. They helped me with paperwork I needed after I got sick and had to cancel a flight. The doctor was great and very friendly. He is knowledgable and spent time discussing all of my problems.

|  Office Review Poor- Doctor may be excellent  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2010

In in emergency office would not provide fax # to receive authorization for family memeber to act on behalf of alzhiemers patient who needed surgery. Office policy had to be mailed although the patient could be deceased by then. Non-thinking robot Moron's. No reflection on Dr. as he may be excellent, however whoever answered the phone was terrible.

|  The best  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2010

Dr Zelcer is a great doctor who saved my life on two occasions. i recommend him without reservation.He is a truly sensitive and caring person.

|  Very Dedicated  |  show details
by S Burg on Aug 10th, 2009

I have seen this doctor for years. I know that he spends much time studying his craft, and is dedicated to keeping up with the latest in his field. I have gotten phone calls from him to check on me without any request, and he often informs me of new research pertaining to my condition. I have never had a doctor do that for me before.

|  High Cholesterol  |  show details
by G Mouton on Aug 10th, 2009

My cholesterol has been high for years, and my old doctor did nothing about it. Dr Zelcer's office was very attentive to my problem. He gave me advice on diet that helped, and I didn't even have to take medication.His office is busy, but he makes time for his patients.

|  Great Cardiologist  |  show details
by Jerry on Aug 9th, 2009

He was very attentive, and even explained all of my problems is a way I can understand. He took lots of time with me.

|  office procedures  |  show details
by gary wisotzky on Feb 26th, 2009

when I made first appointment i asked if blue cross was accepted, they asked which was my plan and told me yes. After a few visits the bills started coming in and they clain that they do not take my insurance. I stopped using Dr. Zelcer. Approximately two years after my last visit, they billed Medicare for a 11/21/08 visit of which they got paid and I have not seen this doctor in over 2 years.

Nov 3rd, 2006 on yahoo.com

Best Doctor: Compassionate, brilliant, personable.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com