Dr. Alane Laws-Barker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alane Laws-Barker?

Urinary Incontinence

Urinary Incontinence

Have you seen Dr. Alane Laws-Barker?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 14th, 2016

Rude and late

New to the area, waited 1.5 hours to be seen. Thought it was because it was my first appointment. Fine. Next appoinment was a 1 hour wait. Asked the nurse if the doc was delivering, she told me she didn't know we're the doc was. She closed the door and I could hear her say, "I'm not going to lie to the patients anymore, I'm not covering for her." Wow. Saw the doc & while I was explaining my concern to her, she took out her phone and started tapping on it. I thought maybe she was looking something up. She placed her phone on the counter to wash her hands & I could see Facebook on her screen. Inappropriate. Needless, I canceled my follow up.

May 19th, 2016

Exceptional Professional

I so love Dr. Laws-Barker. She has done so much in providing excellent health services and maintaining professionalism. She takes the time in addressing any questions I have. She is extremely knowledgeable of women's health--she's a woman! She has a remarkable bedside manner and shows compassion to her patients. I am so glad I made an excellent choice. I wished I chosen her services before I had my adult children!

February 24th, 2016

Not Punctual!

Never coming back EVER! And I mean EVER! Do yourself a favor and find someone who values being punctual. If you have all day to be at a doctor's office, then this is the doc for you. If you're like the rest of the world who works and has a life, seek another doctor....or even...go to her partner, Gonzalez. I've been a patient for 5 years now and I don't know why it took me so long to realize that my time is worth much more than the care I receive, which is not really all that either. I'm transferring to a different practice. I have migraines and abnormal menstrual cycles. I see a neurologist who recommended that I talk to Dr Laws Barker about changing my birth control due to increasing and worsening migraines. Even though I had just seen her 2 months ago for my annual, I still scheduled an appointment to discuss changing my birth control I was livid! If you were going to see a movie during lunch, why did you have your patients scheduled at 1:30? I would've gladly come in at a later time instead of wasting my time waiting in your grungy waiting room for you to finish watching your movie. When she finally came in, she was playing with her phone. I had to interrupt whatever she was doing on her phone because she just kept saying "um hum, um hum". I could clearly see she wasn't paying attention and it was like she wasn't even trying to hide it! I told her what the neurologist recommended. Guess what she said? "If your neurologist doesn't think Junel is appropriate for you, maybe they should change your migraine medicine?" I've been her patient for years. She should have it documented that I've tried and failed many medications for migraines and my current regimen has worked until I got on birth control 2 months ago. I was so upset, I wanted to yell at her! I was already upset because I had to wait so long because she was watching a movie, now she’s telling me to go back to my neuro to change a migraine regimen that has been working until I got on birth control 2 months ago?!? I then asked if I could be changed to a progesterone birth control such as depo provera. She responded "oh, we can do that!" Seriously...so not only am I the patient but also the doctor because I had to request that option. I'm done. Done with her. Done with that place.

August 6th, 2015

Respectful Maternal Caregiver!

Baby number 3 with Dr. Laws-Barker! I am a picky patient and went through many doctors before staying with her. She listens, gives good advice, and respects the patients decisions. I have now my friends and sisters all go to her as well, and are very satisfied!

June 26th, 2015

I love her she's the best its the receptionist that was rude to me I would love to continue my prenatal session there

July 11th, 2013

AMAZING DOCTOR!!

Dr. Alane Laws-Barker is so amazing! She really takes time to listen to your concerns and addresses each one in detail. Even when my primary physician doesn't seem to listen or help me with my issues, she's there and really understands where I'm coming from. I feel very comfortable talking to her about anything and that's very important to me.

March 21st, 2013

Administrator, Auto-Owners Insurance

2 years ago I thought I was at the end of my rope dealing with anxiety, sleeplessness, hot flashes, depression, mood swings, YES my body was changing (menopause). My family physician wasn't listening or helpful. I've never had a physician before who really listened, provided compassion, support, and specific steps over the next 6 months to get me through the worst. I'm strong, healthy, and confident now. I still have some occasional symptoms but have strategies to help. Dr. Laws-Barker cares about her patients. She wants to know who you are as a person. She is genuine about her reasons for wanting to be a caregiver and physician. She truly made a difference in my life. Yes, there were a few office visits where I had to wait my turn and one office visit that was rescheduled because she was delivering a baby. I understand and support that she puts her priority on patients so if she is needed or if she spends a little extra time with patients ahead of me I don't worry about it because I know she won't rush me in and out like a number. When it comes my turn she will focus on me and make me feel like I'm truly "her" patient.

July 19th, 2012

Stillborn

I wouldnt even give her any stars there is so much to say about this lady and practice its a little rediculous but its the truth and you should read. ...

October 29th, 2010

Office Staff is very Rude

I have never been in that office where to Receptist was not "very very" rude. They are a very unorganized office. Dr. Laws-Barker is a very good doctor, it is too bad her staff is so "unprofessional".

August 31st, 2009

Dr. Laws-Barker is a wonderful OB-GYN. She's caring, helpful and loving. There's usually a long wait in the office to get into your appointment, but that's because she'll spend as much time as you/she needs to address all your concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Laws-Barker. She's wonderful.

June 5th, 2017