inactive

Alastair D Smith Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 29th, 2016
One of the finest
Dr. Smith's interest in his patients is deep and sincere.

August 15th, 2015
Unfortunately no longer at Duke
I was a big fan of Dr. Smith. He always listened to my concerns and ideas, and was even willing to think and act outside the box a bit with my case. I started seeing him not long before my liver transplant. I was pretty sick before transplant, and he did a great job optimizing my medications which made me as comfortable as possible. After transplant (just under one year ago), I saw Dr. Smith, and I was again impressed by his skill and experience. Unfortunately, on a return visit, I was told he was no longer at Duke. The other doctors who have been involved with my case (Dr. Brady, Dr. Muir, Dr. Berg, and Dr. Choi) are all good too, but there has been no consistency in who I see on each visit.

July 10th, 2015
Outstanding
I recently was diagnosed with Auto Immune Hepatitis, I was referred to Dr. Smith by my local GI doctor. Dr. Smith is incredibly knowledgeable, compassionate and listened to me. I felt very blessed to have been under his care.

May 28th, 2015
Love Dr. Smith why was I told he was no longer at Duke?
I have been a patient of Dr. Alastair Smith for over 10 yrs. I'm very confused b/c when I went for my appointment around Nov 2014 I was told that Dr. Smith was no longer at Duke and I was reassigned to Dr. Carl Berg. I don't understand why if Dr. Smith is still at Duke that I was told he no longer was and why if he has remained at Duke was I assigned to a different doctor. I love Dr. Smith b/c he is an excellent doctor. He knows me without looking at my chart, knows my history and I trust him. Has anyone else experienced this.

April 1st, 2015
Excellent doctor
Loved Dr Smith! He was very knowledgable about my autoimmune disease. Was not in a rush and seemed very concerned with me being comfortable and having all of my questions answered to my satisfaction. Mould highly recommend him m

March 31st, 2015
PATIENT
EXTREMELY KNOWLEGDED AND EASY GOING DOCTOR. MORE THAN ANYONE I WISH HE WAS STILL TREATING ME. GOD BLESS YOU DOC.

March 11th, 2015
Excellent physician.

February 7th, 2015
SAVED MY LIFE WHILE ON DUKES TRANSPLANT TEAM
VERY CARING, GOOD TEACHER, ALWAYS SHOWED CONCERN ABOUT MY HEALTH BOTH PHYSICALLY AND HELPED PREPARE ME FOR MY TRANSPLANT. BEST DOCTOR EVER. CONSIDER YOURSELF WELL TAKEN CARE OF WITH DR. SMITH

January 17th, 2015
Extraordinary physician
Intense, intelligent and ingratiating. Totally inspires confidence. Always anxious to discuss treatment alternatives. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.

December 19th, 2014
He is a very compassionate doctor and technically very competent.

April 9th, 2014
Not very Helpful,saw him for 10 mins and that was it....
I wasn't impressed. He didn't help me..Man of few words and didn't bother to follow up. Appointment was a waste of time.

October 25th, 2013
Wonderful doctor and human being
My son has been a patient for almost 10 years. Dr. Smith is a very intelligent, caring and compassionate man to both his patients and their families. I could not recommend any other doctor higher than Dr. Smith.