Family Physicians
Sorrento Valley
10243 Genetic Center Dr
San Diego, CA 92121
858-499-2600
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Friendly and Professional  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

Dr. Smurlo is always prompt, friendly, and professional. She truly cares about her patients and her nurse is great with following up too.

|  Comfortable right away  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

I am looking for a new PCP because of changing insurance. This is the third doctor I've tried in the network and the only one who did not seem rushed to get me out. Very caring, reassuring, sensitive to my concerns and responsive to my requests for specialist referrals.I was surprised to read reviews to the contrary. I'll be going back!

|  Friendly Doctor  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

Dr. Smurlo is a really sweet person and a caring physician. I had a wonderful experience with her. I have to say, I read some of the reviews about her before going to her and was apprehensive, but she proved my apprehensions totally wrong. Once again, I believe one should not base one's experiences on others'. She was compassionate and understanding and explained me about my condition. I would definitely recommend her to anyone going to a PCP.

|  Do They give a medal to the worst doctors of our time?  |  show details
by Roberta Drape on Dec 17th, 2009

She has a bad attitude and i had to visit another doctor in less than 1 week because she did not diagnose an infection that i had. barely spoke to me and was in a hurry to get out of the room

|  Very Unprofesional  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2009

She Has a Horrible Bedside Manner and was very rude when i complained about the waiting time(There were no patients ahead of me)and she told me that if i wanted quick service to go buy a cough syrup over the counter at a pharmacy, she did not even apologize for making me wait and even sent me a letter saying that I was verbally abusive towards her and that my coverage would be terminated if i was ever disrespectful again,I Have never been disrespectful towards a woman and i find her behaviour appaling, she barely checked my throat and gave me a cough syrup but that and some previous visits left a bad taste in my mouth, no need to say but I changed PCP'S immediatly, I do not reccomend her at all,

Oct 22nd, 2009

Dr. Smurlo is very kind, professional and respectful. She always listens carefully and does a thorough exam. She responds to my phone messages quickly. She is great!

by Linda Pack on Sep 16th, 2009

Dr. Smurlo is a very caring doctor. She spent more time with me just for a regular checkup than any doctor I've seen in a long time! She is thorough and listened to me.

May 9th, 2009

she is great. Very caring, the only doctor has ever called to ask if I am doing better. All my coworkers see her and they are very happy.

May 7th, 2009

I was very impressed with Dr. Smurlo. She took her time during my visit; she has a great bedside manner and returned my calls in a timely manner

Sep 7th, 2008

Not a good doctor at all. She doesn't care and never want to follow up even when I call her at least 4 times in a few days. Doesn't want to do her job. Told me I am anemic and a few weeks later her nurse told me I am not. She doesn't know what she is doing. Don't go to her!!!!

|  worst doctor!!! Becareful!!!  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2008

She is the worst PCP I have ever been to!! It seems she is always in hurry. Dont have much knowledge!!! Just try and avoid her!!!