Dr. Albert Sun MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.1
  • 4 reviews

February 19th, 2015
Incompetent is an understatement. Clearly knows nothing about endocrinology

January 5th, 2015
I used to be a patient of Dr A**** and since he is my only comparision for Dr Sun... I have to give Dr Sun a five stars! He spends ample time talking to me, examining my neck, going over any changes, and reviewing my medical record. Dr Sun is aware of my fluctuating tsh levels and requires me to get labwork done at least three to four times (if not more) a year to keep in check. My only difficulty has been that I get my blood drawn offsite so it is a little more incovenient...but if you can use Dr Sun and Geisinger lab located within the same building- I think he's a good bet. I use the website mygeisinger.org and if I have a question.. he or his office assistants are prompt with a quick response.

February 14th, 2014
I was not happy and did not feel he was interested in my treatment, made me feel like I was asking for unnecessary testing. So hard to find a good endocrinologist.

April 1st, 2013
No Experience with Thyroidism
I had a visit with Dr. Sun at Geisinger Wyoming Valley. He is now in the endocrinology department. He was so hands off...literally. I have thyroid nodules and he never even felt my neck. I asked about my synthroid dosage and he told me it was up to me if I wanted to continue. I told him that my previous doc at Geisinger wanted me to go for annual ultra sounds to monitor the nodules. He told me it wasn't necessary and was up to me. He recorded the wrong weight and height for me.....never looked at me and told me I was on the verge of obsety. I am a size 2. He never bothered to look up from the computer. I asked him to clarify this obesity issue and he walked over to the BMI chart on the wall and told me I shouldn't weigh more than 145lbs. I told him I am not even close to that weight. He recognized that there was a mistake. All he needed to do was look at me. Stay Away. Look at his credentials. He didn't specialize in endocrinology until he went to Geisinger. Not sure how up he is on this specialty.