Dr. Albert Cattell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

December 19th, 2014
Terrible service
Unfriendly staff, and very expensive. I felt being rushed whole time. Terrible service. Save your money and time by avoiding this place.

December 18th, 2014
Should've checked his reviews before I tried this place :(
Seriously, I would not come back here. The service was horrible. You will have to wait long, and staff aren't even friendly. I never encountered the doctor, whom they claim on their ad and website, instead I only saw PAs and nurse assistants on the scene who would only talk to you for few minutes then leave. Is this what I am paying for? where is the doctor? then why are they advertising their office using his profiles all over the place. Why are they charging at absurd rate?? I only met PAs and they didn't seem competent in their job and this was when my frustration first started. What is more ridiculous is their hidden fees and bunch of things that they charge you for. The treatments they gave was never satisfying and they are only interested in promoting absurdly expensive multiple treatments and their products. Couple hundreds of dollars were gone for maybe 3min of lowest service I have ever received in my life. By far, this was the most unpleasant experience. This place felt more like a business office than actual clinical office. I feel very sorry for the med insurance companies for paying such high bills for such useless and careless service that this office provides. Feel even worse for those who have to pay out of their pocket. Please save your time and money by avoiding this place, there are plenty of other dermatology places in the area and I am totally going elsewhere. I am very regretful for trying this place.

October 24th, 2014
Terrible care standards.
Unacceptable. I waited over 45 minutes for my new patient visit and was rushed through in less than five. The blonde woman who saw me, perhaps a physicians assistant, apologized for the wait, which I understand happens sometimes with over booking. She then went on to tell me we would probably be interrupted when they needed her with someone else. She then promptly diagnosed me without asking about my concerns or needs and prescribed name brand medications. Upon seeing that I was distressed she asked what was wrong and I said I was not going to be able to afford this line of treatment. She told me she'd have the other girl give me some coupons and then left. The coupons leveled the prescriptions at about $100 a month. I was astounded. I have never seen a doctor, let alone a more expensive specialist, who has rushed me through so quickly, who hasn't asked about my prescription coverage or worked with me to find affordable options, who seemed to care about my care less. As I was leaving she pulled me aside in and started asking what was wrong. I had a difficult time explaining how frustrated I was, and then some woman stuck her head in the exam room and interrupted me. At this point she tried making small talk about my major and I decided to leave. I paid my $50 copay and left. I'm appalled that my insurance will be billed for five minutes of the lowest level care I've ever received and will not be returning.

February 3rd, 2014
Excellent Patient Care, Exceptional Customer Service
Dr. Cattell is very competent. I felt he went out of his way to make sure I understood his approach and was pleased with the result. I would definitely recommend and go back.

March 16th, 2013
Poor Bedside Manor!
I've been here at least five times now. Had some moles removed that were noncancerous. Not the best bedside manor with Dr Cattell. He treated me as if I were uneducated and was very rude. Done with my visits and done with him! The nursing staff was great! The office could use some updating, very old and out dated.

February 6th, 2013
Horribly rude, and dismissive; scarring resulted
Dr. Cattell laughed at my concerns about new reddish growth on my face, and acted like I was vain to inquire (it was my concern about cancer that led me to make appt). It is odd to see that he also offers cosmetic work. My teen daughter received similar rude treatment, and now her little white-head-like marks have turned into little divots. Awful practice — avoid at all costs!

August 14th, 2011
Without my consent, Dr. Cattell applied nitrogen liquid to my face at unreasonable length of time scarring my face for the rest of my life. Stay away from him and caution others. There are younger better dermalogists to choose from.

May 17th, 2011
GREAT DOCTOR! Had all the answers for my condition, and gave several options to treat my problem. The wait time was short. I enjoyed my visit!

May 6th, 2011
NEVER go to him.
I did not personally see him, but my boyfriend did and I was in the room when they removed his cyst. Dr. Cattell did a good job with the first cyst, failed at the second. He was EXTREMELY rude to me. He was very rude to my boyfriend too. I have heard from at least 3 family members that hes so rude. I very much disliked him. Please, please go elsewhere.

February 3rd, 2011
Go elsewhere
Went to his practice for years. Almost all visits were with his PAs not him. Failed to diagnose skin cancer. Find a practice where you will be given a thorough screening. This practice is an assembly line.

November 4th, 2010
Callous medical manner
The facial scar that this doctor has inflicted is my daily reminder of the callous and uncaring approach to his patients. Younger dermatologists, as I found out, have more up-to-date medical information and training. His time to retire is way delayed.

June 2nd, 2010
Find another!
Been here several times for minor things but when something more complex arouse I found a lack of trust. Visits are short and not much information about your condition is offered. Doctor unable to provide a solid diagnosis. I would advise someone seeking a dermatologist to look elsewhere.