Dr. Albert Cook MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 30th, 2016
Excellent doctor. Easy to talk to. Listened and researched approach to treatment.

December 8th, 2015
Thank you Dr. Cook
Dr Cook saved my life. After having a flu shot in 1998 I was sick and unable to work for a few years - unable to sleep, think, severe muscle spasms and paralysis. He immediately recognized my symptoms as side-effects of a flu shot and prescribed Neurontin to help the nerve damage that was causing my symptoms. I began to heal and eventually returned to work.

July 6th, 2015
While doctor cook is very knowledgeable in the field of neurology, that does not mean he knows everything else about a person. He was very informative but make very rude judgements and opinions about my financial situation based off my appearance.

May 29th, 2015
Fantastic doctor
Dr. Cook allows plenty of time for each patient, gives much detail, excellent advice, answers absolutely every question,

December 4th, 2013
Waste of time!!!
I could not wait to get well enough to write this review. As one of the other reviewers stated, this doctor talks too much about him self and other irrelevant issues. I went in for an appointment with neurological symptoms and I had a list of issues that were troubling me, as I am reading my list of symptoms to the doctor he is obviously ignoring me while writing something, he looks up and says, "I don't know what the h*ll that could be". Really!!! I thought wow where is your bedside manners, I was in severe pain. I had severe headaches and all he wanted to do was make me a lab rat by experimenting with different drugs instead of listening to me to treat me and not my symptoms. After 3 visits he would not treat my obvious problem which I told him was causing the headaches because I know my body. He begged to differ and I was left in pain. He told me there was no cure for my situation, I left his office feeling hopeless as ever. After many complaints about the headaches he told me well some people just have headaches so live with it. I refuse to live with something like that, I am not a headache person so I knew the underlying issue which was on the MRI was causing all this. I did not get relief until I found this new neurologist who is absolutely phenomenal! I have to travel far to midtown, but he is well worth the trip. He treated me and now no more headaches because he treated the underlying problem. So to rap it up this doctor talks too much about nothing so be prepared and he is very condescending, be ready for him to talk over you and whatever you suggest is wrong with you he will disagree. All the times I visited him I just felt like he did not take my pain serious enough. I have a high tolerance for pain and even when I am doing horrible I can manage to put on a happy face. I was very frustrated with the visits to this doctor. By the way his office staff is much to be desired.

May 10th, 2012
My Grandma would approve!
After spending 15 years with the same neurologist it was hard to find a new one that I trusted once mine retired. Several years and many difficult appts with other neurologists, I finally was referred to Dr. Cook. First impression=this guy is out there! But in the most amazing way :) He actually will spend time with you both before and after the neurological exam. Awesome! Do you realize that he is not just talking to get to know you or for you to get to know him (although this makes a lot of sense), but he is watching you! Observation is one of the least assessed parts of an exam I had seen from many of the other neurologists after my last one retired. What a novel approacha neurologist that watches what is going on. Go see him, but YOU also must be proactive in your diagnosis, plan of treatment, and wellbeing.

November 29th, 2011
Best Neurologist I know
Dr. Cook has to be one of the most amazing Doctors I have ever seen. I have NEVER had any neurological problems in the past. However, I contracted Encephalitis and it created major problems for me. Dr. Cook was all over my case and isolated the core problem before I went into a much deeper state of problems. His bed side manner is like that of a Father, always caring and always asking about how I felt that day and what progress I had made. I am back at work and doing wonderful. This guy is the best. Trust me. I am picky!

November 1st, 2011
Great doctor-front office staff is horrid
I loved Dr. Cook. His front office personnel is very cold and stoic. The doctor asked her to do a specific thing within a time limit. She did nothing. I called days later and because of her avoidance of the doctor's orders I get to continue to live in pain until she does her job. Great doctor(other than supervising staff), needs better office management.

September 22nd, 2011
Awesome doctor and person
Dr. Cook takes the time needed with patients. He gets them involved in conversation to learn about them and what is going on with them. Does not do procedures that aren't necessary. He diagnosed my husband with MS in 2004 just by looking at an MRI that was taken by our GP but did follow up tests to confirm. Highly recommend Dr. Cook to anyone who needs a great neurologist.

July 10th, 2011
This Physician talks far too much about himself, and rarely listens to watch the patient has to say. He apparently doesn't take good notes because he completely forgets from one visit to the next what test he's done and what questions he's offered answers to.

March 28th, 2010
poor follow through
It has taken 6 months now for him to do a per to per review with my insurance company. They okayed the cervical mri with him on the phone when he finally spoke to them. It has been 16 days since he has had the mri results and I have still not heard from him. I need to see a different neurologist and plan to:(